Chapter 21

Skylar POV

Olivia leads me around the mansion, or castle, I'm still not quite sure about that, and I try not to blush as guards glance down at our joined hands. I'm so not used to all this attention. She knocks on Emma's door, letting herself in instead of waiting for any sort of reply. Leila and her father look up, both siting beside her, both with tear streaked faces.

"How is she doing?" Olivia's tone is emotionless, but I can see the pain and worry in her eyes. Leila shakes her head and sighs, wiping her eyes.

"She won't wake up, they um, they think she's in a coma.." Tears roll down her fathers cheeks as she speaks before she breaks down again.

"What have I done.." He mutters, looking at the young girl and crying more. "What have I done.. What have I fucking done.."

"He's being reminded of his wife's death, he knows how much it hurts when a mate dies and doesn't want her to go through that." Olivia whispers to me, too quiet for even them to hear, and I nod in understanding. She kisses my head. "I love you."

"I love you too." I can't help the smile that spreads on my face and Olivia smiles back, but her eyes are clouded with sadness. She pecks my lips before walking to the young girl.

"I could help her." She whispers, determination clear in her eyes.

"No, it'll take too much of a toll on you, you think Isabelle is gonna be able to do a decent job running everything if you take Emma's place?" Olivia cringes at the thought and sighs as Leila continues. "Just.. She'll be okay, probably. They said she should wake up within a week. If not, then you can help."

Olivia nods and hugs Leila, muttering an apology before pulling away. She shakes her father's hand saying sorry again before turning back to me and grabbing mine, leading me out the door and towards the garage.

"Where are we going?" Olivia doesn't answer, simply lifting my hand to her lips. She grabs my mothers hand as we walk past, pulling her away from the conversation she was having with Alex.

"Hey! We were talking!" Alex yells after Olivia, whose only form of a reply is giving her the middle finger as we keep walking. She leads us to the garage and stops in front of the same car we took before. I smile and climb into the passengers seat as she holds the door open for me and she smiles back weakly. Mom sits in the back, muttering something about no one opening the door for her as Olivia chuckles and starts the car, speeding away. Way too fast if you ask me.

"Are you gonna tell you where you're taking us now?" She glances at me and sighs, grabbing my hand and pecking it softly.

"I don't know yet, I just needed to get away from there and I didn't want to leave you in case anything happened to either of you." Mom sighs and shakes her head before complaining about not getting to finish her conversation with Alex and Olivia laughs, looking back at her through the mirror.

"Watch the road not my mom." I chuckle and Olivia turns to me, smirking.

"Or I can watch you, strip." I shake my head, a slight blush forming on my cheeks before turning hers back to the road.

"No, just drive." She pouts, glancing at me to stick her tongue out. I giggle as she mutters 'no fun' and shake my head again, kissing her cheek lightly. She grins, and my mom pretends to gag from the back seat. Olivia rolls her eyes and pulls over suddenly, pecking my lips and getting out of the car. My mother and I exchange looks and step out, following her into the woods. She looks back at us and grins, pointing in front of her to a large pond. My mom squeals excited and pulls off her shirt. My gaze travels down to her stomach and to the tiny, barely noticeable, bump. Mom hits my shoulder lightly, chuckling and shaking her head before pulling off her pants and diving into the pond.