Chapter Seven

(Picture: Rose field) (A/N- Yes I know those aren't roses but its just the way the roses are set out)

Skylar POV

"Y-you're kidding, right?" my eyes widen and my mouth hangs open. Olivia can't actually be One-thousand and twenty-one years old...Right? I mean she told me before but I didn't think she was serious...

"Didn't she tell you that?" Vanessa raises her eyebrow and chuckles as Isabelle pulls the covers over her head trying to block out the noise

"I-I thought she was joking" I mumble blushing and Vanessa chuckles again "How come there's such a big age difference between Isabelle and Olivia?"

"I don't know" Vanessa shrugs "Maybe they originally only wanted one kid but then after a while, like a thousand years, decided they wanted another?"

"Or maybe her parents-" I'm cut off as Isabelle huffs

"I was an accident, idiots" She hisses from under the blankets. Vanessa looks at me shocked and my mother laughs from the couch. I glare at her and she looks up at me smiling softly

"I guess you have a lot more in common with Isabelle than you thought" my mouth drops as the words leave her mouth. Vanessa stifles a laugh and I glare at my mother. There's other ways to tell me this!

"Wow" I mutter and shake my head before turning to Isabelle "are we really just going to read all day?"

"Fine" she sighs "come on"

My mother and I follow Vanessa and Isabelle out of the room and keep following them until we reach huge wooden door which Isabelle pushes open smirking at me. My breath catches in my throat. A field of roses in all colours, colours I never even knew existed, cover the ground with paths in between until they reach a forest over twenty metres away.  Red, black, blue, purple, orange, yellow, pink, white and even yellow roses with red tips all spread out seemingly randomly. I hear Vanessa chuckle next to me and turn to face her

"You should see your face" she smiles and turns her attention to the rose field "Olivia made all this you know"

I walk through the field smelling different roses and brushing my hand over others. My mother follows me, her eyes sparkling and mouth turned up into a huge smile. The entire air is filled with the scent of roses. How long would all this have taken?

"She spent over fifteen years on all this" Isabelle sighs as if reading my mind before laughing to herself quietly "I even used to help her when I was little, she'd always get worried when I cut myself"

Isabelle's eyes glazed over and she smiles at the memories. Olivia always took care of her, made sure she didn't get left out and got mad and scolded her when she got in trouble. Isabelle would follow Olivia around everywhere and only sit on her lap, even during royal lessons or meetings. Now it seems whenever they see each other their at each others throats though they try to hide it with jokes and guarded looks. What changed to make them grow apart so much?

"What changed?" I dare to ask and Isabelle laughs sadly

"Our mother died, then our father joined her only weeks later" her eyes glaze over again, this time with sadness and grief "Olivia had to grow up and take our fathers and mothers place and become Queen, she became too busy to make time for her kid sister...she did try though but by then she had already closed off everything around her...they told her something, something that was just too much, something she never wants me to know"

"I'm sorry-" Isabelle shakes her head and smiles at me before wiping her eyes with her hand and taking a deep breath

"She taught me what every flower meant" She points to the roses "Red means 'I love you', beauty, courage or respect, black means death or farewell, blue means unattainable or impossible, orange means desire or enthusiasm, purple means love at first sight or enchantment-"