Chapter 16

(Picture: Louis)

Skylar POV

I tighten my grip around Olivia's torso as she speeds up. Why did I agree to this? When we reached the garage I had walked straight to the car we took before but Olivia pulled me away towards a black motorbike. I was too busy gawking at the glowing red wheels and patters to notice Olivia put on a leather jacket and barely managed to catch the helmet she threw at me. I tossed it to the side crossing my arms glaring at her and she had apologised repeatedly while blushing adorably before persuading me to ride the bike with her.

"Loosen up princess, have some fun" Olivia chuckles, her words drowned out slightly by the wind. I feel the muscles around her stomach tighten under my grip and the bike suddenly jerks forward causing the front wheel to lift of the ground. I cling onto Olivia even tighter feeling her a soft laugh rumble through her chest as the bike slows down again "come on, please?"

I lift my head from where it was leaning against her back and open my eyes hesitantly. I feel my mouth turn into a smile as I watch the trees fly past and feel the wind brushing against my face. Olivia speeds up again and the front wheel lifts off the ground as I laugh and scream excitedly.

"See it's not that bad" Olivia laughs and smack her arm lightly. She swerves on the road slightly and I scream, clutching into her "don't hit the driver princess"

"Shut up and never do that again holy shit!" Olivia laughs again and the bike slows down near an abandoned theme park where my friends and I met everyday after school. Olivia stops the bike completely and parks it before getting off. She grabs my hands, intertwining our fingers and blushing. I grin at her cuteness and start leading her towards the run down haunted house. Turning towards her I pull my hand away and fiddle with by shirt nervously "M-maybe you should wait down here?"

"Why?" Olivia frowns confused and hurt. I shake my head and smile reassuringly

"It's not that I don't want you here it's just" I pause wondering if I could say it in a nice way before blurting "they'll shoot you in the face as soon as they see you!" Nice one Skylar.

"Oh" Olivia's face turns cold and her eyes grow guarded before she smiles brightly and adorably. Just like a kid "doesn't matter, you're worth it"

I feel myself blush and Olivia pecks my lips lightly before grabbing my hand again and pulling me inside before I can protest. The muffled voices of my three friends, Nicki, Louis and Alyssa, suddenly stop as the floorboards creek under my feet.

"Did you hear that?" Nicki's voice is filled with fear and I can picture the young sixteen year old running her hand through her chocolate brown hair as her dark brown eyes cloud with worry.

"It was probably nothing" Louis speaks confidently, his accent barely noticeable. I trip on one of the nails sticking out of the floor and Olivia barely managed to catch me, my body only a few centimetres off the ground. The muffled gasps from upstairs are barely audible but they definitely heard that.

"No that's definitely something" Alyssa's gun clicks and I can imagine her stepping in front of Nicki shielding her as she flicks her black hair out of her tanned and freckled face. Olivia lifts me up bridal style and carries me up the stairs without making another sound. She sets me down and steps in front of me as she reaches out for the door handle.

"Do you think it left?" Nicki mutters hopefully just as Olivia opens the door. Three point directly at her head before Alyssa's bright blue eyes meet mine and she screams excitedly as I run into her arms laughing at her enthusiasm.

"Oh my fucking god! Skylar!" Nicki squeals and hugs me, dimples appearing on her tanned skin as she smiles "You're alive!"

"I can't believe it" I turn to Louis and wipe a small tear from his pale cheek. His brown eyes sparkle almost adoringly as he looks down at me and he runs a hand through his shaggy black hair before hugging me tightly and swinging me around laughing "holy crap Skylar!"