Chapter 18

(Picture: Casey)

Olivia POV

I lay Skylar down on the bed and get a large jumper and shorts from my closet before walking back towards her. I look away and pull off her shirt quickly but carefully pulling the jumper over her head. I breathe in to calm myself and pull of her pants looking away again. I carefully slip on the shorts and look at her adorable sleeping face. I cover her with blankets and lie next to her listening to her soft and calm breathing. Brushing a strand of hair out of her face I kiss her forehead gently and walk over to the couch plopping myself down on it.

"I see you brought her back in one piece this time" I jump slightly, having not noticed Lauren standing in the doorway

"Yes ma'am I made sure she wouldn't get hurt in any way" Lauren nods, her face expressionless "and again, I'm sorry about-"

"It's alright Olivia" she smiles slightly and walks towards me. She sits down next to me on the couch and sighs "I've already forgiven you, I know you care about her, I just want to ask you one thing and I want you to answer completely honestly"

I nod and Lauren continues

"Do you love her?" I bite my lip, feeling my face heat up

"I-I um I think so" Lauren frowns at me curiously "I get butterflies in my stomach when she touches me, even if it's just her hand or shoulder brushing against my arm by accident, I get a fluttery feeling inside my chest when I look at her or even think of her and she's honestly the most beautiful and adorable and just beyond perfect girl I've ever met. I want her to be happy, that's my priority, if she finds someone better, someone she would be more happy with, I would tell her to go and be with them. It would break me but if it meant she was happy, I honestly wouldn't care. I would kill for her, fight the entire world for her, I would betray my own kind for her sake, I would do anything and everything for her. All she'd have to do is ask and I'd do it"

Lauren continues staring emotionlessly into my eyes for a second before tears flood her eyes and a huge smile spreads on her face

"That was so adorable oh my god" my cheeks heat up even more but I continue looking into her eyes waiting for her to reply "you have my approval, though that really doesn't matter much, I know Skylar likes you and I would never hurt her so much as to take her away from you or to forbid you from seeing her. It would have hurt you two far to much, it may not be love yet but it's definitely something, something very strong and adorable"

I blush and nod and lean over to hug her

"Thank you, it means a lot to know you approve, you're her mother after all" Lauren nods stroking my hair. Soft, rhythmic thumps from her chest slowly calm me as we hug. I fall asleep with a small kiss on the top of my head from Lauren and a small thump from my own chest.

*****X*****

I groan stretching on the couch and stirring up. I wince dropping back down on the couch as my head bumps into something and a small surprised squeal followed by a loud thud wakes me completely. I bolt up rubbing my head as I look down at Skylar rubbing her sore butt and holding her hand over her forehead.

"Ouch oh my god what we're you doing" Skylar looks up at me blushing as I rub my sore forehead

"N-nothing" she looks away her cheeks completely flushed and I laugh at her cuteness. I stand up holding out my hand for her. She takes it still bright red and I pull her up and against my chest

"Nothing huh?" I smirk and brush my lips against hers as I speak. She leans forward, trying to connect our lips completely but I move back "tell me what you were doing"