Smile, its a wedding

I couldn't believe it

What would I tell Elijah?
What's going to happen with Lizzie?

Polly, ada, Finn, and I went to the lees camp to get me ready. I slipped off my engagement ring and handed it to Finn to hold and return.
Elijah was in London for the week and as of now all of my stuff is being moved out. I felt bad for him, he was so excited yet here I am marrying another in a dress he paid for.

What if John doesn't want to marry me anymore?

"Stop overthinking everything mercy, he does want to marry you." Shit, I said that out loud didn't I?

"It's almost time, Finn grab the dress and ada do her makeup." Finn pulled the dress out as ada added rouge to my cheeks and mascara to my eyes with a light lipstick and Polly styled my hair.

Dear lord make this easy on me.
_________________________________________
3rd person pov:

"Ready boys? John, ready?"Tommy asked "Yeah. yeah, I'm fine." "Have a drink." Arthur gave him his flask.

"What? Why are you all staring at me for? What?!" John was seriously confused at the looks everyone was giving him. "Good. Let's go." Tommy ignored his questions and they all followed him.

"Tommy, what are you playing at? Were in shotgun range." "John, before you go into battle, there's something your gonna need." They all pulled out white flowers and Tommy clipped them to John's coat.

"What are you bloody doing, Tommy?" Tommy cupped John's face and shook it a bit while cracking a smile. "Smile, john, it's a wedding." "Who's bloody wedding?"

"Now if wed told you, you wouldn't have come. There's a girl who's next to kinn to the lee family who needs to be married, the same age as you-" "AH FUCK!" john tried to run off but they all grabbed him.

"John-boy!" "John!" "You have no bloody right, Tommy! You know I wouldn't marry anyone other than merc-" he mumbled the last part so only Tommy could hear him. After mercy left France he told Tommy all about his love for her.

"shh listen to me- a girl who needs a husband, a man who needs a wife." "Tommy, I'm not bloody marrying some fucking mushroom picker." "Shh! John-boy, come on. listen. She's no mushroom picker and I have already betrothed you. So if you back out now, there's gonna be one fucking mighty war breaking out here that's gonna make the Somme look like a fucking tea party. But if you marry her, our family and the lee family will be united forever, and this war will be over. Now it's up to you, john. War...or peace?"

"Let go of me!"

John agreed and the boys walked with him to Zilpha.

"Right, you should see the size of her dowry." Arthur wrapped his arm around John and grinned. "Her what?" "Her aunts giving you a car." They reached zilphas caravan and she allowed john to marry her niece.

They went towards where the wedding was being held and john saw the girl whose face was covered Kneel in front of johnny's dogs.

"Here she is." "She'd better be under 50." John walked towards the girl and kneeled right next to her wondering who the girl was.

Mercy turned to look at John and her heart fluttered but he had no idea it was her.

"We're here today to join in matrimony, this man and this woman, for they can live a life in truth and harmony and togetherness."

Mercy took a deep breath before pulling her veil over her head and turning to look at john.
John turned his head to see his mercy looking right back into his eyes and he couldn't help but beam with relief and joy.

"Do you, John Michael Shelby, take mercy Antoinette lee-bourbon, to be your beautiful wife? To have, to hold, in sickness and health, until death do you part?"

"Yeah, I definitely do."

"Do you, mercy Antoinette lee-bourbon, take john Michael Shelby, to be your husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, till death do you part?"

"I do"

"There remains one more part of the ceremony. Thats the mingling of the two bloods. Where the two family's become the one." Johnny slit there hands and john immediately grabbed mercy's and kissed it.

"I now pronounce, you man and wife. Come on, john, kiss the bride-" john didnt wait a second more before smashing his lips onto hers and without taking a second to think mercy kissed him right back.

Finally, they were the family.

_________________________________________
Mercys pov:
John and i sat on top of a caravan staring down at everyone enjoying the celebration.

"Im glad i agreed to this" "so am i, it really hurt to imagine you marrying someone who isn't me ." "Doll, i felt the same way." Polly came and told us to come dance so i took johns pocket knife and made a slit in my dress and tore it so it was knee length.

"Oi, mercy? Why would you do that to such a lovely dress?!" Ada asked staring at me in shock. "Because i enjoy this version much more!" John grabbed my hand and began to dance

After awhile john got tired so we sat down

"John, i love you" "i love you mercy."

"Come and look mercy, come and look at the family you've joined! Come and look at the man that runs it!" Ada was drunk off her ass.

John and i got up to see what she was going on about.

"He chooses his brothers wives for them! He hunts his sister down like a rat, and he trys to kill his own brother in-law!" "Ada that's enough!" "And now he wont even let me fucking dance!" "Ada please your making a scene" i tried to get her to shut up but she just got louder.

"Not even at a fucking wedding!" "Sit her down, ada calm the fuck down! This isn't your wedding to be screaming at!" John yelled at her while polly told her to calm down.

I went to help polly sit her down but i felt something wet hit my leg.
"Oh Jesus." Polly looked down and saw the puddle of water. "Holy shit. Water. Right!"
"Not now, ada. Bloody hell, you do pick your times. Great now its gonna share a birthday with their bloody anniversary." "Shut it Arthur, just get her in a car!"

Arthur john and i got into a separate car and john drove like a mad man to the house.
"Jesus fuck john! Slow down!" "Enough now. Enough. Slow her up, nice and easy." "Story of your fucking life Arthur. Right, were here." I was clutching on to the side of the car for my life.

Arthur helped me out and john came out behind me. "Never again john Shelby. I think I've got whiplash." Polly came out and i ran inside to help ada
_________________________________________
"Come on ada push!" I touched her stomach and something didn't seem right.

"Polly, the baby's the wrong way round." Polly felt her stomach and realized i was right.

"We need to lean her forward." She got on her hands and knees and i held onto her hair.

"Come on ada, push, two three." "AHHH!"

By the time freddie got there ada just gave birth to there son, Karl Thorne.

"He's absolutely adorable" i told polly as we witnessed a beautiful family moment. "So, are you next?" "After what i just witnessed? I wouldnt bet on that." Polly and i laughed but soon stopped as the police ran in.

"You cant come in here! Theres a baby thats just been born!" It hurt my heart to see freddie be dragged from his family.

Thats when a fear like no other hit me.
If tommy could do that to his only sister, whos to say he wouldn't do that to the rest of us?

To me
to john
To our family.