Welcome to burlesque

𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇...

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear johnathan and jeanette. Happy birthday to you!!!!" We all watched as the babies smiled as i helped blow out their candles.

Samuel who was now almost 5 and now almost 3 frances both dipped their dirty little fingers into the cake and placed the frosting upon the twins noses.

After i left to be with an old friend of Elijahs, sarah maxwell, from the states i soon found out i was 3 months along with jeany and baby john.

She helped me through the entire pregnancy and gave us shelter until i got a job at one of the best clubs in new york and was able to support the 5 of us.

It was hard to say the least and my job was something i would never do if i had a choice but its what put a nice roof over my children's heads, nice clothes on their backs and food in their mouths.

"Mommy?" Frances and Samuel called to me "Yes my little doves?" I entered there room and put the twins in their cribs. It was a spacious room and the idea of knowing there all together eased my fears.

"Will you read to us before auntie Sarah comes?"  Samuel asked as he snuggled closer to Frances.

"Of course my angels. What do you want to hear?" "The one about the lonely girl and the man who loved her." "You sure?"

"Please mommy???" "Of course" i smiled sadly and began the story.

"Once upon a time a little girl who only had her mommy  lived near a boy with a big family. People bullied the girl but not him. Never him. He always was there for her. One day when they were older the king called the man to the war and the lonely girl followed him their because she loved him but came back out of fear. She didn't know if her lover was alive or dead but like always. He came for her. They got married and had many many little beautiful babies and bought a big country house to raise there army of children and to grow old in. And they did. And they lived happily ever after."
The twins were long asleep and so was France's but Samuel was still awake.
"Whats wrong my sweet boy?" I knew exactly what was wrong. He may be young but his memory was sharp and he was the smartest child Ive ever met.

"Mommy why do you lie? You say lying is bad but you do it." "My dear but mommy doesn't mean any harm. I do it to protect you and your brother and sisters. They don't need to know how we got here or why were here and I already feel terrible that you know." He chewed on his lip as he contemplated his next words.

I knew exactly who came to mind.

"Was dad a bad man?" "Your daddy loved you very very much but- but he just didn't have his priorities in place." "Priorities?" "He didn't understand what was more important."

"Oh." I glanced at the grandfather clock and noticed that it was almost time for me to leave to work.

I stroked his cheek and hugged him close before bidding him goodbye.

_________________________________________

"Hey marcella your on." In new york i wasnt mercy i was marcella. It protected me.
Protected me from the wrath of the Shelby's.

I re applied my lipstick and sprayed my hair quickly before making my way to the stage.

Never in my life did i think i would be doing burlesque while my children slept.

The entire night something felt off. I felt as if someone was watching me but not just watching me dance. No. This felt like i was being stalked.

After my 5 th dance of the night and collecting my pay i quickly took of my makeup and dressed back into my modern clothes and made my way home but i still had that feeling yet there were no cars behind me. And no one in site.
_________________________________________

The shelby brothers sat in there hotel room sharing a bottle of bourbon when Michael bursted threw the door.

"Shes here! Mercy's here in new york!"

Tommy's bachelor trip just got a lot more wild.