Cuts and hugs

"Im sorry love." I whispered as i sat on the bed and he paced the room. "What could you possibly have done mercy?!"he asked sarcastically. "You screamed at my aunt and called her a lonely wench and a bad mother. The same woman who raised me after my own passed!" He was fuming with anger and was walking back and forth.

"John, i didn't mean to offend you but i wont let her talk down on me and my children let alone our marriage like that!"

"Why mercy?! Why must you always open your damned mouth?!"
He was so close to me i could smell every ounce of whiskey on him.

"John i-" a strong hand collided with my cheek .
"God, your a fucking idiot."
He didnt even look at me. He just grabbed his coat and left our bedroom and soon after the front door slammed.

I finally let the air i was holding in out and the tears as well but not for long.

John fucking hit me. Hard. I could taste the metallic blood on my lips.

I entered the bathroom the clean up the cut. As soon as i applied ointment i whimpered at the burn.

"Mummy?" I turned around to see samuel by the door.

"Hi baby, why are you awake?"
"Mummy hurt?" He looked at me confused as he noticed the bleeding lip and tears that rolled down my face.

"Mummys okay my love." I crouched down to grab him and held him tightly.

He may carry the shelby name but i would die before i let him become a blinder.

"Do you want to sleep with mummy?" He nodded his head and rubbed his tired little eyes. I placed him on the bed and went to get frances.

Samuel was on his fathers side and Frances in the middle in there adorable pajamas.

I pulled them in closer and covered our bodies while wrapping my arm around them protectively.

My sweet baby's. Sure they were menaces like there father but they were mine and no one will ever take them from me, I'll make sure of it. Not even john.

He was completely out of control.
I get she was his mother figure but I'm his wife! We are supposed to be a united front and if he thinks Hes going to push me to the back he's got another thing coming.

_________________________________________
3rd person:

john came home the next morning drunk as hell and smelling like a cheap whore. A whore that he eventually pushed away from himself before things got to serious.

"Mercy?" He glanced at the clock. It was half passed 6 mercy always was up by now to start breakfast.

He didnt hear anything in the kitchen yet continued his journey. Maybe she was trying to decide on what to make.

However once he got to the threshold there wasnt a baby girl sitting in a high chair and there most certainly wasnt a woman in the kitchen.

He turned back around and went up the stairs.
He checked their bedroom. No mercy.
Checked the bathrooms. No mercy
The nursery. No mercy.
He even checked the small garden in the back of there town home and mercy still wasn't anywhere to be found and neither were frances and Samuel.

He couldn't think of any possible reason why the three of them weren't home. He knew they wouldn't be at the betting shop because after yesterday's events he knew mercy would avoid the Shelby matriarch at all costs.

He went back to there shared bedroom to change.

He opened there small wardrobe and the site he saw was far from pretty. All of mercy's things were gone.

He rampaged through there dresser just to see her undergarments were gone to and raced to the nursery to see majority of the children's things were also gone.

Mercy fucking Shelby left.

And she had no intention of coming back