Love & mistakes

Polly, Finn, John, and I sat in the betting shop waiting for Tommy to walk through the door any minute.

I rested my head on johns shoulder trying to fight my sleep. Frankie had been teething all night which meant i slept about 3 hours.

"John?" Tommy came through the door and walked towards the table where john and i sat.
"The coppers have lifted 10 of our men in camden town, the rest of them on the run."
"Thomas they've taken Michael." I told Thomas trying to hold in my yawn.

"Buisness first."  He cut me off while poly repeated what i said and tom gave her the same response.

"John." "They took all our whiskey,  so no doubt theyll be supping that for Christmas. They've impounded all our vans, put their own locks on the warehouse. The eden club and all out pubs have been raided by the coppers and handed back to sabini and solomons. The black country boys think it was Arthur who killed billy because thats what the coppers told them. So there'll be no more free passes for our whiskey boats." John was stressed lately. More than he needed to be.

Hes been putting all our money away so we could get the house weve been wanting. We've recently bought a new carriage and to make things more stressful there may be another baby on the way.

"I dont give a fuck about whiskey. I dont give a fuck about billy kitchen. I want my son out of prison, now!" "Thomas, i spoke to johnny dogs this morning-" "this meeting should just be family." "I am family pollyanna!" I stood up and flashed her my wedding ring while john pulled me back down to my chair.

"Its family only, shes not blood, tommy!" "You didnt have a problem with me before! I have been in this family 18 years and Ive carried 3 Shelby children in my womb so don't give me any of that shit!" I got in Polly's face. Something no one else in this family had down.

"3?! Your going to count the dead now to? You didnt give a shit about this family after you were engaged to Elijah!" "You bitch even after that i was still here for this family, day and night! You told me!- You said it was for the best so if your going to blame anyone blame yourself you selfish bitch!" I spat in her face as i tried to break free from johns arms that were pulling me away from her. "Calm down love, come here." He pushed the hair out of my face and had Finn fetch me some water.

"ENOUGH!" Thomas shouted at both of us.

"Enough, the both of you. Mercy?" "Ive spoken to my cousins, the lees." "The bloody lees?!" Polly interupted me yet again. "They can give us men."

"We don't need more fucking men! Its men that have done the damage! Its- it is men fighting like cockerels that have put us here in the first place." She seemed to have calm down a bit as well, trying to understand my side.

"Mercy, we'll take up their offer. We need men." Polly looked at me disappointed and got close to Thomas Shelby's face to make her point clear.

"If Michael ever gets out of prison, i am talking him away from this family. For good. And mercy, you are a damn fool. You had a way out, a life to live in luxury and you gave that all up for what? For this?" She gestured to the shop. "For love, pollyanna." I replied to her looking her dead in the eye.

"Than you are just as stupid as you were as a child. If you even give the tiniest damn about your children and decide to finally be a mother to them instead of being the reckless bitch you are, find Elijah. Find him, take your children, and marry him. And don't you ever come back, because you weren't wanted as a child, you definitely wont be wanted as a widow after your husband gets himself killed."

"I am more then a mother! I am a mum which is something you never got to be because you were a reckless bitch, not me! My children are taken care of and loved more than they will ever know and as long as i am alive they wont be put through what john and i were put through because they are wanted! And as for my marriage, thats none of your business you lonely wench! I love john and there is nothing in this world that could change that. We may fight but at the end of the day i will always go back to him. Always."

"This life is bad. This life is all bad. And i wont be here for you when you finally see your mistakes." She grabbed Finn and waled out of the den.

How dare she even think that i would leave john like that. He may not be the brightest bulb in the box and we may not have much but he is my first, my last, my today and my Tomorrow and nothing will ever change that.

"Come on love, you need to rest. You look sick." John and i left the shop and walked home.

Home to our children that had no clue what the outside world was like and are safe and protected in the walls of our small house.
_________________________________________
A/n: the girllsss are fighting!!!small update for now luvs but more to come soon xxx