15

-jung haerim pov-

We are gathering in front of the main screen waiting for the next mission to be announced.

This mission is called the BTS mission. You will be divided into 3 groups and every group will have to perform different songs of BTS. The benifits of choosing members and song will be given to the winners of yesterday's dance battle.

We are reminded at the beginning of episode 8 of the teams for the BTS Test with songs ‘I Need You,’ ‘Fake Love,’ and ‘DNA.’

With Taki hyung winning the individual dance battle yesterday, he was able to pick out his members first. He chosen strong contenders, Heeseung hyung, Sunghoon hyung, and Sunoo hyung. While Taki was able to choose his teammates first, it gave K hyung and Jungwon hyung the advantages of choosing their desired song.

I really wanted to do i need u. My favorite song of bts sunbaenim besides run and blood, sweat and tears.

In the end, K hyung’s teammates are Jay hyung, Niki hyung, and Hanbin hyung for the song ‘DNA,’

Jungwon hyung’s teammates are Jake hyung, Geonu hyung, and Daniel for the song ‘I Need U,’

Taki hyung’s team ended up with the vocally challenging song, ‘Fake Love.’ it have such a powerful choreo and falsetto during the chorus.

While i was being worried about others, i realized no one pick me. Wth? Am i not going to perform?

I look at them raising my eyebrows and daniel pointed at a staff. Suddenly the voice ahjussi said,

For the only one left, which is jung haerim. 16. Will have to perform alone based on the song she choose. All other trainees please proceed your training. Your practice session is only for 5 days. All the best forall of you.

As soon as the voice ahjussi stop, i walk to yeeun unnie, a staff  i knew, when she call out for me.

"Haerim ah, about the performance, you can choose any song you want but you must choose ones that will make audience mind blow. Let them know choosing you here is the right decision." She said holding my shoulders and looking at me with those sparkly eyes.

"Lets show them girls are not different from boys. GIRLS POWER!!" She said raising her voice "do it together with me. GIRLS POWER!!!!"

"No, it sound so cringey. No unnie, never." I said looking at her with a disgusted face. That is how close we are.

She make the disgusted face and said, "why are you cringing? You are a girl too arent you? Or you are a boy?"

"What nonsence are you saying unnie? No. Still not doing." I said crossing my hands looking at her. And again, she copied my pose and suddenly pull my hand and shouted,"JUNG HAERIM LESS GOOO GIRLS POWER!!!!!"

Then she laugh and before i could say anything, she left.

Huh... she is really childish. She is 6 years older than me.

When i go to the big practice room, daniel greeted me with "JUNG HAERIM GIRLS POWER!!!" He shout making the whole room laugh.

"Yah?? What are you doing." I look at him crossing my hand

"What's with the GIRL'S POWER? Pfftt" he ask

"Its not me, its yeeun unnie.." i said. "Yah btw why noone pick me before? You guys really dont like me do you?" I said trying to act like im mad

"Not my fault, the staff told us not to pick u." Jungwon hyung said

"Seriously?"

"Why would i lie to you?"

"Ja ja, lets practice now.." k hyung said asking his teammates to get ready for practice.

I went to the small vocal training room to practice since i got no teammates. Ahh, I havent choose a song yet. Lets see.

There is a paper that yeeun unnie gave me before and it was the song list. The producers pick the songs and i have to choose one. It was a list of girl crush genre songs. Such as, paint the town by loona sunbaenim, cool by weki meki sunbaenim, du ddu du ddu by blackpink sunbaenim, dun dun dun by everglow sunbaenim, whatta man by ioi.  I have memorized these songs since haein is a girl group stan so he always play these.

I wanted to do boy group cover because im in a boys survival show, so i wanted to show that if i debuted together with them, i will not fall behind. Since this is a BTS mission, i wanted to do bts sunbaenim song. Luckily there were some boy group songs in the list.

After some thinking made, i decided to perform blood sweat tears by Bts sunbaenim. It was in the list luckily.  Since i also have memorized the song.  I even mastered the choreography in just 20 minutes since i have learn the choreo when the song came out. Again, thanks to haein.

After that, i practised my vocals. I dont know how it sound to others but to me, it sound great.

》《

We are supposed to go to sleep but we are gathering in the purple room. First it was all jokes but suddenly Geonu hyung voiced his worries about being eliminated. He quoted how his confidence had dwindled after being eliminated at the end of Part 1, sending him to Ground after being on I-Land through most of the episodes. He mentioned that the elimination put him in a “state of chaos.” He wanted to prove himself after being able to pass on to Part 2 and show the Producers how much he has grown. His speech somehow make me feel moved.

Daniel then continue saying how he knew he was far less prepared than the other trainees. With the BTS Test’s results in the hands of the producers. Daniel felt that if he didn’t work hard enough, then he would be greatly penalized with it by the end. As he was talking, i just carresed his back trying to give him strength. He voiced his passion to work even harder to show good results.

And others started to give their thoughts too. I just listened to their thought and try to relate to mine. I found out that most of their thoughts are the same as mine.

That night, i tried to sleep but i just cant. Im tired, i want to sleep but the thoughts of leaving the show and dissapoint haein makes me worried. What if that, what if this.

Oppa, im sorry.............. i will make sure i will come home debuted.