22

-jung haerim pov-

As time passes, the team have shown some improvement too. As Sunghoon hyung got himself more familiar to the dance, the smoother our practices have become.

However, as Son Sung Deuk sonsaengnim came in to evaluate us, we received a bad review. He mentioned how everything seemed too forced and unnatural. The performance would be much better if we could convey real joy while performing the dance, but nothing could show with their lack of energy and facial expressions. All of us are at a loss after hearing Son Sung Deuk sonsaengnim’s critical words.

Jake hyung, specifically, showed his disappointment after the harsh evaluation. He couldn’t help but feel he has returned to step one after all he has done on I-Land, after not impressing Son Seung Deuk sonsaengnim. 

We were worried about how are we going to make it right. Just like how son seung Deuk sonsaengnim like it?

When we were free after practices, we decided to clean the iland. How?? These guys here are clean addicts. I just have to wipe the dishes after being washed by Daniel.

Well. Daniel Kim. Of course he wouldn't let me do my chores peacefully. He spray some of the water to me.

"Yah Daniel. Do your work properly!" I said trying to shield myself from water but of course it doesn't work. I use my hand only duh.

"Haerim ahh say please then I'll stop." He said.

"PLEASE!PLEASE!" I shouted.

"I dont expect you to say it so fast. Change, say please Daniel oppa then I'll stop." He said teasing me as he knew I cringe at such words.

"With? Kim dongkyu! Do you have a death wish?" I said.

"Fast. Say it." He said putting one of his hand behind his ears and the other one still spraying the water to me.

"No. Never." I said spraying back at him. In the end we both got wet. Also, got scolded by k hyung.

"What are you both doing? I ask you to wash dish not wash your self. You. To wipe dishes not to wet yourself then wipe it." K hyung scold us both while getting a mop to wipe the floor that is wet because of us.

"Sorry hyung." Daniel said followed by me.
"Sorry k hyung. But Daniel started it first." I said trying to tell the truth.

"No. You spray to me first." Daniel lied smirking at me.

"You big fat liar Kim dongkyu!" I said and again, we both bickered until once again, being scolded.

"Stop. Enough. Go take a shower. Both of you. You will get cold at this rate." K hyung said pushing us away.

We both went to the toilet and fresh ourselves up.

Afterwards, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th placers, Sunoo hyung, me, Heeseung hyung, and Jay hyung were rewarded with the opportunity to call whoever we want: 1st place gets four calls, 2nd place gets three, 3rd gets two calls and one call for 4th.

Sunoo hyung takes the initiative to use his first call to ring up one of the eliminated trainees, Jaebeom hyung. At first he didn't pick up but as soon as we wanted to call others, he call back. The guys were so excited to talk to him again.

"Wassup brauwr iss me haerim!" I said in English.

"Ohoooh haerim Jung. Wassup!!??" He replied and along with the rest of the I-Landers, we were able to have a much needed conversation with him.

Afterwards,we four were able to have their calls with our family. I went to an empty room and the first person that came into my mind is dad.

Rrringggg. Rrringggg . Rrringggg.

"Hello?"

"Appa!!!" I said.

"Who are you?" He ask

"Ehh you forgot your own daughter? It's me haerim."

"Ahahahhahah of course I knew it's you. I am just messing around."

"Appa I miss you. Haein. Where is haein?" I ask

"He is out with his friends. How do you get to call me. I thought you got no access to outside world."

"It's top rankers benefit. Guess what rank am I?"

"You? Probably 2?"

"Ding dong deng. You got the right answer sir. How do you know it?"

"Dear Jung haerim. Do you forget that I watch the show too?"

"Ahhh. Dad, what about mom? How's she doing? Did she remember me?"

"Of course! She wish you all of luck."

We went for a bit more then end the call. My second call is to haein of course.

"Jung haein!!!!" I said as soon the person pick up.

"Hello? I think you got the wrong number." A familiar voice said it. No need to ask. I already know who it is.

"Yah Jung haein. I am here replacing your place in iland but you are huhu haha with other people? You crazy or what?"

"Whoa whoa first of all. Whose phone did you stole? I told you to not miss me."

"Yah. I will not steal someone's phone! I didn't miss you."

"Then why do you call me. I'm a busy person... Don't always linger around me."

"The heck Jung haein? I call you because I got 3 calls and I don't know who else to call besides dad so you are my last choice."

"Wait, if you don't know who to call beside dad, thats mean I'm your second choice, not last. Why do you got 3 calls? What have you done?"

"You seriously need help haein. You told me to debut and I took your words seriously and give my best. Suddenly you don't even want me to debut?"

"That's not what I meant. I don't watch the show so I don't know."

"Yeah blame the show.... Blame on you!!!!"

"Is yejin there? I know he is there." I ask

"Dude I put you on speaker. All my friends heard you." He said and laugh. I could hear his friends laugh too.

"So what?"

"Haih... Don't you feel embarrassed? At least be like a girl if you don't want to look like one."

"What ever. Kim yejin thanks for the cringey letter. I saw it."

"He's not here. He's at home."

"Ehh?"

"Oh btw where is other trainees put it on speaker. I want to talk to them."

"Well done haein. I call you to have you talk with my colleagues and not me."

"I already talk to you what?"

I ignored him and walk to the room full of them.

When I enter, all the eyes are on me.

"Oh haerim ah, you done?" Sunghoon hyung asked me.

"No. Haein ask me to put you guys on the phone." I said handing them the phone.

After a while, they finished their boy talk and gave the phone to me. Since I got only one call left and yejin just don't want to pick up his call. Maybe he is sleeping already.

So I pulled Daniel out of the room and drag him to the balcony and handed him the phone.

"What?" He asked me

"Call." I said looking at him then at the phone.

"You want me to call whom?" He ask

"Who else, your mother or your family?" I said showing a weird face at him.

"What about you then?"

"Don't worry about me. I already call my family and don't know who to call next. You can have it since you sleep talk about your mom yesterday." I said jokingly.

"When did I?"

" Ahh just call her already." I said leaving him alone so he can talk alone to her.