The nice lady

Lights. Red and blue lights.

What was that ringing sound? It was all a blur. There was yelling, I think. Yeah, yelling. A female voice- no wait... yeah a female voice. I shut my eyes tight. My ears were ringing. It hurt. My head wouldn't stop hurting.

I woke up around people I didn't know. "Oh look, she's coming around- Hi sweetie, you're gonna be okay. You're safe here." a woman said with a kind smile. She had very curly, blonde hair. I squinted at her. "Where am I?" I asked beginning to look around the room. It was dark, but there was a light coming from the doorway. "You're at a hospital sweetie, we're making sure everything is good and working." the lady said. I looked down at my arms and saw I was hooked up to something. Probably an IV.

There was something around my neck. "Now, we're going to leave you to rest for a bit, okay?" she said with a smile. "If you need us we'll be right outside," she pointed out the door, "so don't be afraid to call out." I nodded. I had no idea who they were, but I didn't know who I was either. I could've sworn I knew my name... no-matter, I just wanted to sleep.

That night I had the strangest dream. A man-he called himself 'Doctor'- and his blue box. it's a tardis: time and relative dimension in space. What was that voice? It didn't say anything back. The Doctor and his blue box, they went on a fantastic adventure. It felt so real, something that I might've experienced before.

the next morning

Sunshine woke me up. I squinted my eyes at the sight of the unfamiliar star. Why was it so unfamiliar? I sat up making sure not to tug at the IVs. "Hello?" I quietly said. No answer. "Uhm... hello?" I tried again, louder this time. I heard footsteps coming towards the room. "Oh! She's up!" the nurse exclaimed. The lady from last night walked in behind her. "Ah, I see! Did you sleep well?" she asked. "Yeah." I said remembering the dream I had. The lady sat on the hospital bed and put her hand on my shoulder. "Alright kiddo, we're gonna get you situated today." I tilted my head.

"What's your name?" she asked me. I shrugged. "How about your age?" she asked again. I didn't know. "How about this," she clapped her hands together, "let's come up with a name for you to start, how 'bout that?" she said smiling. I nodded. "Hm... any ideas?" she asked me. juno. My eyes widened. "Juno." The lady grinned. "Juno it is."

"What's this, miss?" I asked, pointing to the necklace I had on. It was a sort of hourglass with peculiar symbols on it. "Ah, well, I suppose it's a mystery to the both of us." she smiled.

———

"Where are we going?" I asked her. We had just left the hospital and were driving somewhere in her car. I fiddled with my necklace. "I'm taking you to where you're going to be staying for the next few years. It's a home for children who don't have mummy's or daddy's." I looked up at her. "I don't have parents?" I asked. She stayed silent. "You never told me your name." I said. "You'll find out later." she replied. "Why can't I know now?" I asked.

"Spoilers."

  I continued to fiddle with my necklace as we drove to the home.

"Alright then Juno!" she said opening the car door. She went to the trunk and grabbed a suitcase out of the trunk. I opened the car door on my side and stepped out of the car. "Welcome to your new home." I looked up at the building. It was old. Had to be built in the early 1900s at least. She handed me the suit case. "I'm sure you'll make some friends." she gave me one last smile before the man inside came out to take me in. "Goodbye, Juno." she waved. I frowned as he took me inside.

"This will be your room." he said opening the door to a decent sized room. It had a big wardrobe by the door, a twin sized bed beside a window, a nightstand with a lamp on it beside the bed, and a bookshelf on the other side of the room. "We'll call you down for dinner." he said before closing the door behind him and leaving me in my new room.

  I don't think I want dinner. I'm not hungry. I'll just go to sleep.