The Eleventh Hour pt. 4

We walked down the road. "What is this place? Where are we?" the Doctor asked. "Leadworth." Amy replied. "But where's the rest of it?" I questioned. "This is it." she said motioning to the homes around us.

"Is there an airport?"

"No."

"A nuclear power station?"

"No."

"Even a little one?"

"No."

"Nearest city?"

"Gloucester. Half an hour by car."

"We don't have half an hour. Do we have a car?"

"No."

"Well, that's good. Fantastic, that is. Twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a post office. And it's shut." he turned around to a little pond. "What is that?" Amy turned around to face the pond. "It's a duck pond." she said. "Where are the ducks then?" I asked. "I don't know. There's never any ducks." she replied. "Then how do you know it's a duck pond?" the Doctor quizzed. We crossed our arms. "It just is. Is it important, the duck pond?" The Doctor clutched his chest, "I don't know. Why would I know? This is too soon. I'm not ready, I'm not done yet." Amy rushed over. "What's happening? Why's it going dark?" We looked up. A black disc covered the sun, mimicking a total eclipse. "So what's wrong with the sun?"

"Nothing. You're looking at it through a forcefield. They've sealed off your upper atmosphere. Now they're getting ready to boil the planet." We saw people holding up their phones beginning to take pictures of the event. "Oh, and here they come. The human race. The end comes, as it was always going to, down a video phone." he mumbled. "This isn't real, is it? This is some kind of big wind up." Amy turned to us. "Why would I wind you up?" the Doctor asked her. She looked at me. "You told me you had a time machine." she pointed. "And you believed me." I said. "Then I grew up." she replied.

"Oh, you never want to do that. No. Hang on." Amy was about to say something but he covered her mouth. "Shut up. Wait. I missed it. I saw it and I missed it. What did I see? I saw. What did I see? I saw, I saw, I saw..." People all over the village green have been taking photos of the sun, except prisoner zero and a nurse photographing him. "Twenty minutes. I can do it. Twenty minutes, the planet burns. Run to your loved ones and say goodbye, or stay and help me." he said. "No." Amy turned to us. "I'm sorry?" the Doctor turned to Amy. "No!" she yelled grabbing the Doctor's tie and my shirt. "Amy, no, no, what are you doing?" the Doctor asked in a yell.

Amy dragged us to a car that had just pulled up and slammed his tie and a part of my shirt in the door. She took the keys from the driver and locked the car. "Are you out of your mind?" we yelled. "Who are you?" she questioned. "You know who we are, Amy." I said. "No, really. Who are you?" she asked again. "Look at the sky. End of the world, twenty minutes." the Doctor said. "Well, better talk quickly, then." The old man walked over to Amy, "Amy, I am going to need my car back." he said. "Yes, in a bit. Now go and have coffee." she responded, keeping her gaze on us. The Doctor tapped my shoulder and pointed towards my jacket pocket. "Right, yes." The old man walked off.

I took the apple from earlier out of my pocket. "Catch." I said as I tossed Amy the apple. "I'm the Doctor and that's Juno. We're time travelers. Everything I told you twelve years ago is true. I'm real. What's happening in the sky is real, and if you don't let me go right now, everything you've ever known is over." the Doctor explained. Amy studied the apple. "I don't believe you." she looked up at us. "Just twenty minutes. Just believe me for twenty minutes. Look at it. Fresh as the day you gave it to Juno. And you know it's the same one. Amy, believe for twenty minutes." the Doctor pleaded Amy unlocked the car. "What do we do?" she asked. "Stop that nurse."