The Eleventh Hour pt. 2

We walked up the stairs to Amelia's room. The crack was about three to four feet long, and was slightly w shaped. "You've had some cowboys in here." The Doctor said studying the crack. "Not actual cowboys." I reassured Amelia. "Though that can happen." the Doctor mumbled. Amelia grabbed an apple from her dresser. "I used to hate apples, so my mum put faces on them." Amelia gave the Doctor an apple with a smiley face cut into it. "She sounds good, your mum." the Doctor threw the apple to me. "I'll keep it for later." I said with a smile putting the apple in my jacket pocket.

   "This wall is solid and the crack doesn't go all the way through it. So here's a thing. Where's the draught coming from?" He scanned the crack with his sonic screwdriver. "Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey." he looked at the sonic, "You know what the crack is?" the Doctor turned to Amelia and me.

"What?" she asked. "It's a crack. But I'll tell you something funny. If you knocked this wall down, the crack would stay put, because the crack isn't in the wall." he traced his finger along the crack. "Where is it then?" I asked. "Everywhere. In everything. It's a split in the skin of the world. Two parts of space and time that should never have touched, pressed together," he turned to Amelia, "right here in the wall of your bedroom. Sometimes, can you hear?" Amelia looked up at the Doctor. "A voice. Yes." There was a vague growling from somewhere. The Doctor walked over to Amelia's nightstand and emptied a glass of water using it to listen to the crack.

"Prisoner Zero has escaped." the voice said. "Prisoner Zero?" the Doctor questioned. "Prisoner Zero has escaped. That's what I heard. What does it mean?" Amelia questioned. "Prisoner Zero has escaped." the voice said again. "It means that on the other side of this wall, there's a prison and they've lost a prisoner. And you know what that means?" he turned to Amelia. "What?"

"You need a better wall. The only way to close the breach is to open it all the way. The forces will invert and it'll snap itself shut. Or..." he looked at me. "What?" she asked again. I turned to her and leaned down to her level. "You know when grown-ups tell you everything's going to be fine and you think they're probably lying to make you feel better?" I asked. "Yes." she mumbled. "Everything's going to be fine." me and the Doctor said taking Amelia's hand in ours. The Doctor aimed the sonic screwdriver at the crack. It widened, flooding the bedroom with a bright light. "Prisoner Zero has escaped. Prisoner Zero has escaped." the voice echoed.

"Hello? Hello?" the Doctor called. A giant blue eye came to the crack and looked at us. "What's that?" Amelia asked, her grip grew tighter. A bolt of light went to the Doctor, he doubled over, then the crack closed again. "There, you see? Told you it would close. Good as new." he straightened himself out. "What's that thing? Was that Prisoner Zero?" she asked us. "No. I think that was Prisoner Zero's guard." I said. "Whatever it was, it sent me a message." he took the psychic paper out of his pocket, "Psychic paper. Takes a lovely little message." He began to read, "'Prisoner Zero has escaped.' But why tell us? Unless." he turned back to the crack. "Unless what?" Amelia questioned. "Unless Prisoner Zero escaped through here. But he couldn't have. We'd know." he turned to the door and quickly made his way to the hallway.

"It's difficult. Brand new me. Nothing works yet. But there's something I'm missing." he turned. "In the corner of my eye." We heard the tardis emergency alarm ring. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" the Doctor yelled running out, we quickly ran after him.

"I've got to get back in there. The engines are phasing. It's going to burn! Come on Juno." the Doctor yelled. "But it's just a box. How can a box have engines?" Amelia asked, she looked at us like we were insane. "It's not a box. It's a time machine." I said. "What, a real one? You've got a real time machine?" Amelia questioned. "Not for much longer if I can't get her stabilised. Five minute hop into the future should do it." he began to climb up onto the tardis. "Can I come?" Amelia asked. "Not safe in here. Not yet. Five minutes. Give us five minutes, we'll be right back." he said helping me up. "People always say that." she said. "Are we people? Do we even look like people? Trust me. I'm the Doctor." he took my hand and we jumped down into the tardis. "Geronimo!" he yelled as we splashed back into the pool. We heard the tardis dematerialize.

When the Tardis finally materialized, steaming, it was day and Amelia was not there. The Doctor and me stumbled out. "Amelia! Amelia, I worked out what it was. I know what I was missing! You've got to get out of there!" we ran into the home. "Amelia? Amelia, are you all right? Are you there?" I called as we reached her bedroom door. "Prisoner Zero's here. Prisoner Zero is here! Prisoner Zero is here! Do you understand me? Prisoner Zero is-" A floorboard creaked behind us. He turned and got knocked out by a cricket bat. I was quickly hit as well.

As I came around, I saw a young lady in a micro-skirted police uniform using her radio. "White male and female, mid twenties, breaking an entering. Send me some back-up. I've got them restrained." I tried to stand up, "Oi! You, sit still." she yelled. "Cricket bat. I'm getting cricket bat." the Doctor rubbed his head. "You two were breaking an entering." we were handcuffed to a radiator. "Well, that's much better. Brand new me. Whack on the head, just what I needed." he mumbled. "Do you want to shut up now? I've got back up on the way." she motioned to her radio. "Hang on a sec, wait. You're a policewoman." I said. "And you're breaking and entering. You see how this works?" she said in a sassy tone.

"But why are you here? Where's Amelia?" I questioned looking around. "Amelia Pond?" she asked. "Yeah, Amelia. Little Scottish girl. Where is she? I promised her five minutes but the engines were phasing. I suppose I must have gone a bit far. Has something happened to her?" the Doctor asked. "Amelia Pond hasn't lived here in a long time." the policewoman stated.

"How long?" I questioned. "Six months." the policewoman said. Our eyes widened. "No. No. No. No, I can't be six months late. I said five minutes. I promised. What happened to her? What happened to Amelia Pond?" the Doctor asked trying to get up again. "Sarge, it's me again. Hurry it up. These two knows something about Amelia Pond."