The Eleventh Hour pt. 3

"I need to speak to whoever lives in this house right now." the Doctor demanded. "I live here." the policewoman said. "But you're the police." I tilted my head. "Yes, and this is where I live. Have you got a problem with that?" I stared at her dumbfounded. "How many rooms?" the Doctor quizzed. "I'm sorry, what?" the policewoman asked, focusing her attention on the Doctor. "On this floor. How many rooms on this floor? Count them for me now."

"Why?" she questioned. "Because it will change your life." The policewoman turned around and pointed to the five rooms. "Five. One, two, three, four, five."

"Six." the Doctor corrected. "Six?" she asked. "Look." he said. "Look where?"

"Exactly where you don't want to look. Where you never want to look. The corner of your eye. Look behind you." The policewoman turned slowly. "That's, that is not possible. How's that possible?" she asked looking at the sixth room. "There's a perception filter all round the door. Sensed it the last time I was here. Should've seen it." the Doctor explained. "But that's a whole room. That's a whole room I've never even noticed." she said dumbfounded. "The filter stops you noticing. Something came a while ago to hide. It's still hiding, and you need to uncuff us now." he demanded.

"I don't have the key. I lost it." she said, her attention still on the door. "How can you have lost it?" The police woman began to walk to the door. "Stay away from that door! Do not touch that door! Listen to me," She walked in. "do not open that- Why does no-one ever listen to me?" he turned to me. "Do I just have a face that nobody listens to?" I scoffed, "You sure as hell do."

"Again." the Doctor mumbled. "My screwdriver, where is it?" he yelled. "Silver thing, blue at the end. Where did it go?" he asked again. "There's nothing here." we heard her say. "Whatever's there stopped you seeing the room. What makes you think you could see it? Now please, just get out." he yelled to her.

"Silver, blue at the end?" she yelled from the room. "His screwdriver, yeah." I yelled back. "It's here." she said. "Must have rolled under the door." I told her. "Yeah. Must have. And then it must have jumped up on the table." the policewoman said. "Get out of there." I said. "Get out of there! Get out!" the Doctor yelled. "Get out of there!"

"What is it? What are you doing?" the Doctor asked. "There's nothing here, but-" we heard her say. "Corner of your eye." I said. "What is it?" she asked. "Don't try to see it. If it knows you've seen it, it will kill you. Don't look at it. Do not look-" We heard her scream. "Get out!" we yelled. The policewoman ran to us. She had his sonic in her hand. "Give me that." The Doctor grabbed the sonic screwdriver and locked the door. He began trying to free himself from the handcuffs. "Come on. What's the bad alien done to you?" he mumbled to his screwdriver "Will that door hold it?" she asked. "Oh, yeah, yeah, of course. It's an interdimensional multiform from outer space. They're all terrified of wood." he said sarcastically.

There was a bright light in the room. "What's that? What's it doing?" she questioned. "I don't know. Getting dressed? Run. Just go. Your back up's coming. I'll be fine." he reassured, still trying to get his sonic to undo the handcuffs. "There is no back up." she admitted. "I heard you on the radio. You called for back up." he said. "I was pretending. It's a pretend radio." she turned to us. "But you're a policewoman." I said. "I'm a kissogram!" she yelled taking off her cap. Her long red hair fell down.

  The sixth door fell down to reveal a workman in overalls and toolbelt, with a black dog. "But it's just-" she began. "No, it isn't. Look at the faces." he managed to get himself free from the handcuffs and began to sonic my pair. The man barks. "What? I'm sorry, but what?" she said confused. "It's all one creature. One creature disguised as two." I explained, remembering a snip-bit of a dream with Prisoner Zero.