Vampires in Venice

"Get in." the Doctor said. "What?" I asked. "Get in the cake." he motioned towards the giant pink cake. "You want me to get in the cake?" I questioned. "I don't want to do it alone..." he mumbled. A stripper was standing beside it with her arms crossed. "Fine..." I muttered, climbing inside the cake. The Doctor climbed in after me. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you doing?" I exclaimed. He leaned over me, "Shush." he held his pointer finger over my mouth as the cake was wheeled in.

"Oh. Oh. Oh, blimey. I've. I've, er got to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I heard a familiar voice say. The wheeling came to a halt. "Out. Out. Out." The Doctor and me bursted out of the fake cake. "Rory! That's a relief. I thought I'd burst out of the wrong cake, again." the Doctor smiled. I turned around, "That reminds me, there's a girl standing outside in a bikini. Could someone let her in and give her a jumper? Lucy? Lovely girl. Diabetic." I frowned. The Doctor climbed out of the cake, "Now then, Rory. We need to talk about your fiancé. She tried to kiss me." he paused, turning around and helped me out of the cake. "Tell you what, though. You're a lucky man. She's a great kisser." Someone dropped their beer glass, it smashed on the floor.

"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine."

The Doctor and me were hanging underneath the console platform, doing some welding. "Oh, the life out there, it dazzles. I mean, it blinds you to the things that are important. I've seen it devour relationships and plans." The TARDIS sparked. "It's meant to do that." I assured. "Because for one person to have seen all that, to taste the glory and then go back, it will tear you apart. So, we're sending you somewhere, together." the Doctor explained. "Whoa. What, like a date?" Amy asked. The Doctor looked at them, standing up. "Anywhere you want. Any time you want. One condition. It has to be amazing. The Moulin Rouge in 1890. The first Olympic Games. Think of it as a wedding present, because it's either this or tokens." the Doctor shrugged.

I got up and walked to Rory. "It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside." I grinned. "It's another dimension." Rory said. "It's basically another dimension." The Doctor looked up, "What?" The Doctor and me questioned, shocked. "After what happened with Prisoner Zero, I've been reading up on all the latest scientific theories. FTL travel, parallel universes." Rory informed.

"I like the bit when someone says it's bigger on the inside. I always look forward to that." the Doctor frowned. "So, this date. Is it gonna be some sort of double date 'cause I'm bored of running down corridors." Amy nudged my shoulder. "How about somewhere romantic?"

The tardis landed. "Venice!" the Doctor exclaimed, opening the tardis door. "Venezia. La Serenissima. Impossible city. Preposterous city. Founded by refugees running from Attila the Hun. It was just a collection of little wooden huts in the middle of the marsh, but became one of the most powerful cities in the world. Constantly being invaded, constantly flooding, constantly just beautiful." I smiled at my knowledge. "Ah, you got to love Venice. So many people did. Byron, Napoleon, Casanova." the Doctor turned to me, "Ooo, that reminds me. 1580. That's all right. Casanova doesn't get born for a hundred and forty five years. Don't want to run into him. I owe him a chicken." he scrunched his face up. We began to walk amongst the people in the marketplace.

"You owe Casanova a chicken?" Rory asked. "Long story. We had a bet." The Doctor was stopped by an official, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Papers, if you please. Proof of residency, current bill of medical inspection." The Doctor held up his psychic paper. "There you go, fellow. All to your satisfaction, I think you'll find." The inspectors face turned green. "I am so sorry, Your Highnesses, I didn't realize-" the inspector bowed to me and the Doctor. "No worries. You were just doing your job. Sorry, what exactly is your job?" he asked. "Checking for aliens. Visitors from foreign lands what might bring the plague with them." the Inspector replied.