The Big Bang

1,895 years in the past...

"So the universe ended. You missed that, in 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case." Rory looked down at Amy's body, "You would have laughed at that. Please laugh." he pleaded, tears in his eyes.

"The Doctor said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now." Suddenly, Juno appeared from thin air, a fez on her head and a mop in her right hand. "Hi Rory! Listen, she's not dead. Well, she is dead, but don't worry, it's not the end of the world. Well, I suppose it is the end of the world. I mean, it's the end of the universe. Oh, wait. Hang on." Juno vanished. "Juno? Juno!" Rory shouted.

She reappeared without the mop. "You need to get the Doctor out of the Pandorica." Juno said. "How are we supposed to do that?" Rory questioned. "It's easy to open from the outside. Just point and press." Juno tossed the Doctor's sonic to Rory. "Now, go on then." she vanished, then returned. "Oh, and when you're done, leave his screwdriver in her top pocket. Good luck." Juno from the future left. "What do you mean? Done what?" Rory sat on the rock flabbergasted.

In the Pandorica Chamber, Juno sat on the ground talking to herself. "Doctor? I don't know if you can hear me, but the universe, it's gone. I assume it's just Earth left now. Hah, of course Earth dies out last." she chuckled. "I don't want to be out here alone, Doctor. I know you were alone all those years, but i'm back, Doctor. I'm finally back, and now. And now, you're stuck in there." she looked up at the pandorica with tears in her eyes.

"Juno? What are you doing here?" Rory questioned. Juno looked up at him, "What?" she asked, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You know what, never mind." Rory opened the Pandorica with the sonic. "What? Where did you get that?" Juno questioned as the Pandorica opened.

The Doctor was released from the chair, "How did you do that?" he asked Rory. "Juno gave me this." Rory held up the screwdriver. "Doctor." Juno ran up to the Doctor, hugging him as tight as she could. "Blimey, Juno." the Doctor chuckled. She stepped back. "Sorry. Thought you were stuck in there forever. Hah." she gave a nervous laugh. The Doctor took out his sonic from his own pocket.

"No she didn't."

"Yes she did. Look at it." Rory said. The Doctor touched his screwdriver to Rory's, which makes them spark. "That's temporal energy. The same screwdriver at different points in its own time stream." Juno explained. "Which means it was Juno who gave it to you. Juno from the future. Hey, Juno you've got a future. That's nice." the Doctor smiled at her. Juno's attention however, was on a fossilized Dalek. "That's not."

"Yeah. What are they?" Many other fossilized enemies surrounded them. "History has collapsed. Whole races have been deleted from existence. These are just like after-images. Echoes. Fossils in time. The footprints of the never-were."

"Er, what does that mean?" Rory asked. "Well, a total event collapse. The universe literally never happened." Juno answered. "So, how can we be here? What's keeping us safe?" Rory questioned. "Nothing. Eye of the storm, that's all. We're just the last light to go out. Amy. Where's Amy?"

The trio ran up the stairs to Amy's body. "I killed her." Rory said. "Oh no, Rory." Juno kneeled down beside Amy's body. "Doctor, what am I?" Rory asked. "You're a Nestene duplicate. A lump of plastic with delusions of humanity." the Doctor explained l. "But I'm Rory now. Whatever was happening, it's stopped. I'm Rory." Rory shook his head. "That's just the software talking." Juno said.

"Can you help her? Is there anything you can do?" Rory asked. "Yeah, probably, if I had the time." the Doctor said. "The time?" Rory questioned. The Doctor turned sharply, "All of creation has just been wiped from the sky. Do you know how many lives now never happened? All the people who never lived? Your girlfriend isn't more important than the whole universe." the Doctor yelled. Rory punched the Doctor. "She is to me!" Rory shouted.