The Eleventh Hour

It had been a year since I left the tardis. After a few minutes of walking away from the tardis, I realized that I had left my suitcase and other belongings in the tardis. Thankfully, I found a job at a store and found myself a place to live after finding Frey working at a nearby coffee shop.

   On a late November night, I had been walking back home from my job. I hummed as I walked home, remembering my adventures with the Doctor and Donna the year before, until I heard the tardis. I looked up and saw it materialize on the other side of the road. I quickly jogged over and as soon as it stabilized, I ran right in. "Doctor?" I called out as I walked in. "Juno." I saw him at the console. I ran over to him, he looked ill. I took his hand and studied it. "Doctor, your hand." I said as I saw the yellow regeneration energy flowing through his veins. "I know." he removed his hand from my grasp.

"I wanted to see you, one last time- before I changed." he looked at me with tears in his eyes. He turned back, pulling a lever. The tardis began to dematerialize. "I don't know how i'll treat you- after I change." he said walking to the other side of the console, pressing a button. "Doctor, I'm sure you'll treat me just as well as you do now." I smiled, tears began to form. "There were so many things I wanted us to do. So many places. Maybe we'll go to those places, but not with me."

"Juno, I know I may not have told you this, but I need you to know before... before I go." he walked over to me and grabbed my hands. "You're special. You're absolutely brilliant. You're worth so much more then you know." he kissed my hand. "You were brilliant too." I said with a sad smile. He let go of my hands. His breathing became frantic.

  "I don't want to go." He cried. I stood back and saw him regenerate. I fell to the ground as the regeneration energy destroyed the environment around us. I watched as it picked up my necklace and swirled around it. I quickly held it to my chest and closed my eyes until I heard a new voice.

"Legs. I've still got legs." he kissed his kneecap, "Good. Arms. Hands. Ooo, fingers." he wiggled his fingers in-front of his face "Lots of fingers. Ears, yes. Eyes, two. Nose, I've had worse." I looked up at the Doctor. "Doctor?" He was strikingly handsome. He felt his chin. "Chin, blimey. Hair- I'm a girl!" his voice cracked. I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes. "No. No. I'm not a girl. And still not ginger. And something else. Something important." he looked down at me. "Hello Juno!" he waved. "We're, We're, We're-"

  bang!

  "Crashing!" We both yelled. The doors flew open and the Doctor went right out the door. "Doctor!" I yelled. I saw both his hands gripped to the bottom of the door step. I crawled over to him. He had his sonic in his mouth. I began to pull him up, but the sound of a bell caught our attention. We looked out and saw Big Ben coming closer. He let out a scream, but thankfully, we missed it. I pulled him in and he closed the door. We fell to the ground with a sigh, but the tardis spun out of control.

  meanwhile in amelias room...

"Dear Santa, thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you, but honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not, because at night there's voices, so please, please, could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman. Or a-" The girl heard a crash in her back yard. "Back in a moment." She grabbed a torch and looked outside. A blue box had landed on its side. Right on top of the garden shed.

The doors of the blue box had swung open. "Doctor! Get a move on I'm soaked!" a voice yelled from inside. It was all echo-y in there. Peculiar. "Oh come on, don't be a baby!" another voice yelled. Suddenly, a grappling hook was thrown out. "Let me go first." the second voice. Amelia saw two hands, then a head. "Hello!" the man said. He was soaked. "Let me come up-" the first voice said. "Oh- right." he inched over and sat on the edge. A woman popped out this time. She was also soaked. "Could I have an apple? All I can think about. Apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving? That's new. Never had cravings before." he looked at the woman, then back at Amelia.

She got up on the edge of the blue box and took the man's hand. "Whoa... look at that!" He exclaimed looking back into the box. "Are you okay?" Amelia asked. "Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library." he responded. "Hell of a climb back up." the woman added. The girl tilted her head. "You're soaking wet." they both looked at each other. "We were in the swimming pool." they both said. "You said you were in the library." Amelia said in disbelief. "So was the swimming pool." the woman said.

"Are you two from the police?" Amelia asked. "Why? Did you call the police?"
"Did you come about the crack in my wall?" Amelia said. "What crack- argh!" he fell to the ground in pain. The woman jumped down after him and knelt down by his side. "Are you all right, mister?" Amelia asked. "No, I'm fine. It's okay. This is all perfectly norm-" A breath of golden energy left his mouth. "Who are you?" she asked the pair. "I don't know yet. I'm still cooking." he responded. "Does it scare you?" the woman asked. "No, it just looks a bit weird." Amelia said. "No, no, no. The crack in your wall. Does it scare you?" the woman said.

junos pov:

  "Yes." the little girl replied. " Well then, no time to lose! I'm the Doctor and that's Juno. Do everything we tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off." the Doctor said, following a thump and the Doctor laying on the ground. I let out a laugh and the little girl walked over to him. "Are you all right?" the Doctor looked at her. "Early days. Steering's a bit off."

   "If you're a doctor, why does your box say Police?" The Doctor bit into an apple, then spat it out. "That's disgusting. What is that?" he asked. "An apple." the girl replied. "Apple's rubbish. I hate apples."

"You said you loved them."

"No, no, no. I like yogurt . Yogurt's my favourite. Give me yogurt."

The girl got him a cup of yogurt from the fridge. He poured it into his mouth and then spat it out like the apple. "I hate yogurt. It's just stuff with bits in." he said. I chuckled and sat back in my chair. "You said it was your favourite." the girl pointed out. "New mouth. New rules. It's like eating after cleaning your teeth. Everything tastes wrong- argh!" The Doctor twitched violently before slapping his forehead. "What is it? What's wrong with you?" The red headed girl asked. "Wrong with me? It's not my fault. Why can't you give me any decent food? You're Scottish. Fry something." he left the kitchen to the bathroom. "Here let me help." I said while helping the girl grab a frying pan.

The Doctor came back drying his hair with a towel. He threw me another towel. "Ah, bacon!" he exclaimed before spitting that out as well. He leaned down to the girls level, "Bacon. That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" She sighed and grabbed a saucepan and poured beans into the pan. "Ah, you see? Beans." I rolled my eyes as that was rejected as well. "Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans." The girl rolled her eyes and got some bread and butter. "Bread and butter. Now you're talking." he gave a grin.

The Doctor threw the plate of bread and butter out the door. "And stay out!" he yelled before shutting the door. The girl sighed while looking through the fridge. "We've got some carrots." she looked back. "Carrots? Are you insane? No. Wait." he made his way to the fridge. "Hang on. I know what I need. I need, I need, I need" he opened the freezer grabbing a box "fish fingers, and" he grabbed a carton in the lower area of the fridge. "custard."

The Doctor contentedly dipped the fish fingers into a bowl of custard and eats, while the girl has ice cream. I chuckled at the sight. "Funny." I commented. "Am I? Good. Funny's good." he said to me before turning to the girl. "What's your name?" he asked, mouth full of food. "Amelia Pond." she responded. "Oh, that's a brilliant name. Amelia Pond. Like a name in a fairy tale. Are we in Scotland, Amelia?" he questioned. "No. We had to move to England. It's rubbish." she took a bite of her ice cream. "So what about your mum and dad, then? Are they upstairs? Thought we'd have woken them by now." he asked. "I don't have a mum and dad. Just an aunt." she responded. "We don't even have an aunt." I gave a sad smile. "You're lucky." she said picking at her ice cream.

"We know. So, your aunt, where is she?" the Doctor asked dipping a fish stick into the custard in the clear bowl. "She's out." Amelia said. "And she left you all alone?" I questioned. "I'm not scared." she looked up at me. "Course, you're not. You're not scared of anything. Box falls out of the sky, a woman and a man falls out of a box, man eats fish custard, and look at you, just sitting there. So you know what I think?" the Doctor asked.

"What?"

"Must be a hell of a scary crack in your wall."