Vampires in Venice pt. 2

We had arrived at the entrance. "Right. Okay, I'll go first. If anything happens to me, go back-"

"What happened, between you and Amy? You said she kissed you." Rory questioned. The Doctor looked back harshly at Rory, "Now? You want to do this now?" he whispered yelled. "I have a right to know. I'm getting married in four hundred and thirty years." Rory frowned. "She was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it, and so she kissed me." the Doctor shrugged. "And you kissed her back."

"No. He kissed her mouth." I corrected. Rory furrowed his eyebrows. "Funny."

"Rory. Rory, she kissed me because I was there. It would have been you. It should have been you." he poked Rory's chest. "Yeah, it should have been me." Rory nodded. "Exactly. That's why we brought you here." A strong wind blew out our torch. "Can we go and see the vampires now, please?"

I climbed up on the Doctor and out of the trapdoor, I quickly pulled the Doctor up, who pulled Rory up after. We quickly pushed on the door, "Push. Come on." It opened. "There we are. Amy. Where's Amy? Amy?" I called out. "I can't see a thing. Just as well I brought this, then." Rory pulled out a tiny penlight. The Doctor pulled out a long ultraviolet light. "And where were you keeping that!" I questioned. "Ultraviolet. Portable sunlight." the Doctor gave a proud egotistic smile. "Yours is bigger than mine." Rory frowned. "Let's not go there."

We had walked to the courtyard area, Rory was going on about the wedding. "If we cancel now, we lose the deposit on the village hall. The salsa band. Oh." I opened a nearby chest containing desiccated vampires. "What happened to them?" Rory asked. "They've had all the moisture taken out of them." I said, getting a closer look. "That's what vampires do, right? They drink your blood and replace it with their own." Rory questioned. "Yeah, except these people haven't just had their blood taken, but all the water in their entire bodies." I raised an eyebrow. "Why did they die? Why aren't they like the girls in the school?"

"Maybe not everyone survives the process."

"You know what's dangerous about you two? It's not that you make people take risks, it's that you make them want to impress you. You make it so they don't want to let you down. You have no idea how dangerous you make people to themselves when you're around." Rory argued. Just as the Doctor was about to say something, "Who are you?" We turned around to see the six girls the Doctor and me saw earlier. The Doctor quickly took his UV light and waved it at them. "We should run." the Doctor looked at me. "Run then!" I yelled.

We had ran down a corridor, "Oh! Rory, come on." I rolled my eyes, looking back at Rory who was a good distance away from me and the Doctor. Three vampires ran through the corridor. I looked into the room they came out of and saw Amy tied to a chair. "Cab for Amy Pond?" I called. Isabella came to free Amy from the chair. "She bit me." Amy frowned. When we turned back, the three vampires from earlier blocked out retreat path. "This rescue plan. Not exactly watertight, is it?" one said with a grin. The Doctor brought out his UV light again. "Ah ha!" he exclaimed. The three vampires ran off. "Rory." Amy said, running up to Rory. "Amy." he smiled. Isabella motioned to a corridor. "Quickly, through here."

"They're not vampires." Amy informed. "What?" I questioned. "I saw them. I saw her. They're not vampires, they're aliens." Amy nodded. The Doctor sonic'd the trapdoor hatch. "Classic." the Doctor smiled. "That's good news? What is wrong with you people?" Rory quizzed. "Come on, Rory. Move!" The vampires caught up to us, but the Doctor quickly held them back with the UV light. He pulled me and Amy behind him. "Keep moving. Come on, guys."

When we hit the tunnel entrance, it was daylight. Bells were ringing in the distance. We saw Guido who was waiting with his gondola. "Quickly, quickly. Get out. Quick. Quick." Isabella pushed me and Amy out. As the Doctor was pushed out, Isabella began to follow, but she hissed as the sunlight touched her skin. "Come on. Run." I said. "I can't." Isabella shook her head, the vampires pulled her back inside, shutting the tunnel door. The Doctor went up to the door, reaching out to touch the metal on it. "Doctor, don't." I warned, but he didn't listen and ended up getting shocked. "Is he dead?" Amy asked, the Doctor laid on the floor passed out. "Nah, he's breathing."

<—————>

"Let me sit on the throne." I whined. "No I want to sit on the throne. It makes me look cool." the Doctor crossed his arms. "I want to look cool. You have the bow-tie. You already look cool." I argued. "That is true... Fine. You can sit on the throne." the Doctor sighed. I grinned and quickly sat on the throne.

A few moments later, a woman entered. "Long way from Saturnyne, aren't you, Sister of the Water?" the Doctor questioned. "No, let me guess. The owners of the psychic paper. Then I take it you're refugees, like me?" she asked back. "We'll make you a deal. An answer for an answer." I said. The woman nodded.

"You're using a perception filter. It doesn't change your features, but manipulates the brainwaves of the person looking at you. But seeing one of you for the first time in, say, a mirror, the brain doesn't know what to fill the gap with, so leaves it blank, hence no reflection." the Doctor said. "Your question?" the woman questioned. "Why can we see your big teeth?" I asked. "Self preservation over rides the mirage. The subconscious perceives the threat and tries to alert the conscious brain."

"Where's Isabella?"

"My turn." she grinned. "Where are you two from?"

"Gallifrey." I answered. "You should be in a museum. Or in a mausoleum."

"Why are you here?" the Doctor asked. "We ran from the Silence. Why are you here?" she questioned back. "Wedding present. The Silence?"

"There were cracks. Some were tiny. Some were as big as the sky. Through some we saw worlds and people, and through others we saw Silence and the end of all things. We fled to an ocean like ours, and the crack snapped shut behind us. Saturnyne was lost." she explained. "So Earth is to become Saturnyne Mark Two?" I questioned. "And you two can help me. We can build a new society here, as others have. What do you say?"

"Where's Isabella?" I asked. "Isabella?" she questioned. "The girl who saved our friend."

"Oh, deserters must be executed. Any general will tell you that. I need an answer. A partnership. Any which way you choose."

"I don't think that's such a good idea, do you? We're Time Lords. You're a big fish. Think of the children." the Doctor shrugged. "Carlo?" she called. "You're right. We're nothing alike. I will bend the heavens to save my race, while you two would just philosophize." A man entered. "This ends today. I will tear down the House of Calvierri, stone by stone." the man grabbed me and the Doctor. "Take your hands off me, Carlo. And you know why? You didn't know Isabella's name. You didn't know Isabella's name!" I shouted. The Doctor pulled me back. "Open the gates." Carlo ordered as we left.