Vincent and the Doctor pt. 2/confession

"Amy? Amy? What happened?" I rushed over to her. "I don't know. I didn't see it. I was having a look at the paintings out here when something hit me from behind." she explained. "It's okay. He's gone now and we're here." I said. "No! No!" Vincent exclaimed. "Take it easy. Take it easy!" the Doctor said as Vincent backed away from something that was invisible to us. "What's happening? What's he doing?" Amy asked. "I don't know..." Vincent picked up a pitchfork. "Oh, dear." the Doctor put a hand over his mouth. "Run. Run!" Vincent exclaimed, waving his hands. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's not a bad idea. Amy, Juno, get back. He's having some kind of fit. I'll try to calm him down."

Vincent was stabbing at the air as the Doctor slowly walked towards him. "Easy, Vincent, easy. Look. Look, look, look. It's me, it's me, it's me. It's the Doctor, look. No-one else is here. So, Vincent-" the Doctor began, "Look out!" Vincent yelled, but was too late. A barrel was knocked over and the Doctor went flying. "Doctor!" I shouted, running over to the Doctor. "I can't see anything. What is it?" Amy questioned. "That is a good question." the Doctor said as I helped him up "Let me help you." he grabbed a pole and joined Vincent.

"You can see him, too?" Vincent asked. "Yes. Ish. Well, no. Not really." the Doctor replied before getting thrown again. "You couldn't see him?" Vincent questioned. "No. No. Oi!" the Doctor was swung around wildly before Vincent plunged his pitchfork into the invisible monster. The Doctor picked up his pole and continued to fight the air. "He's gone." Vincent said. "Oh, right. Yes. Of course." the Doctor gave a nervous chuckle and set the pole down.

"Right. So he's invisible. What did he look like?" I asked. "I'll show you." Vincent grabbed one of his paintings of violets and painted over it. "Oh, no, no. No, no!" I shouted. "What?" Vincent questioned. "It's just er, that was quite a good. Oh, no. On you go." I sighed. Vincent shrugged and got to work. He made a charcoal sketch of a monster with a beak, crest, and claws.

"Okay. Okay. Right. Amy, Juno, make Mister Van Gogh comfortable. Don't let any invisible monsters in through the front door." the Doctor said. "But it could be outside, waiting." I said. "Well, don't worry. I'll risk it. What's the worst that can happen?" the Doctor shrugged. "You could get torn into pieces by a monster you can't see." I raised an eyebrow. "Oh right, yes, that. Don't worry. I'll be back before you can say where's he got to now?" he raised his hands in the air. "Not that fast! But pretty fast. See you around." he waved and ran out.

"Not so fast. I'm coming with." I followed him out the door. "Amy, look after Vincent!" I yelled back. "Gotcha!" I heard her reply. "Sometimes Juno, I hate you." the Doctor grumbled as we walked. "You know you love me." I grinned. "Yeah." he mumbled.

The Doctor started to rummage through some chests in the tardis. "Right. You in here somewhere? I can't apologise enough. I thought you were just a useless gadget. I thought you were just an embarrassing present from a dull godmother with two heads and bad breath. Twice. How wrong can a man be?" I heard him apologize. He found a contraption with a rear view mirror fastened to the top and plugged it into the console. "What does it do?" I asked. "Let me show you." he smiled as it powered up.

The Doctor stood in front of it and stuck his tongue out. The mirror lit up with 'Match Found Print Ready'. It printed off a picture of the first regeneration I saw of him, then the mirror changes to his second regeneration. "Tada!" he exclaimed. "Impressive" I smiled. "Now, see what you make of this. Who is that?" he held up the sketch Vincent made of the monster. It dinged and printed a macaw. "No, I know it's not that. There are thousands of them and you can see them plain as day." He tried it again, this time it was a polar bear. "No. Definitely not. This is the problem with the impressionists. Not accurate enough. This would never happen with Gainsborough or one of those proper painters. Sorry, Vincent. You will just have to draw something better."

"Come on Juno." he said. "Yeah hold on." I pulled him back from the door. "I need some answers." I said. "Answers? Why?" he questioned. "Tell me what you were going to say on the bridge in Venice." I demanded. "Now? It's nothing important." he shrugged it off. "No, no, no. I want you to tell me no matter how unimportant it is." I said. "But..." he mumbled. "Please?" I frowned. "Fine." he put down his contraption and walked up to the console. "I was going to say..." he trailed off. "Say what?" I walked up to him. "This is way harder then I thought it would be." he sighed. "Ok. I was going to say that I care for you." he said. "You've told me that before Doctor." I raised an eyebrow. "Well, i'm not done hold on." he frowned. "Right. So, I was going to say I cared for you and um..." he looked into my eyes. "And I love you."

"You love me?" I asked. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have-" I interrupted him with a hug. "Thank you." I said, muffled by his jacket. "I love you too." I said. "Oh. That's good. Brilliant actually." I heard him say. "Right." I stepped back. "We've got a monster to catch." I smiled. "Oh. Right. Yes, right." he ran over to his gizmo and put it around him. "Come on!" he yelled running out the door.