If a royal mess had a face

Now, really, people should just stop expecting that their lives would be happy and good and stable.

And by people, Charlotte meant herself.

She needed to stop expecting good things. Whoever was pulling the strings of her life was really just a prankster who loved practical jokes and made her life one.

Waking up in a drought  ridden land was not Charlotte's idea of fun.

She cupped her hands and conjured some water. Water manipulation, (or hydrokenisis as Tony called it, that science nerd) was a pretty good asset. Thankfully, she still had that.

She splashed some water on her face, finally getting some amount of peace from the scorching heat. It took a moment for her to register what was happening.

Her dad had died again, in front of her own eyes. Charlotte had let him die. She'd hit Loki. She'd left Harley behind.

She gasped and released a shaky breath when it registered, eyes tearing up. The teen stared at her hands, they were shaking.

Was it because of lack of sleep? Food? Heat? Panic? Anxiety?

Charlotte didn't know. She wasn't sure she wanted to find out.

Suddenly, she heard a clang, her head snapping up in the direction of the voice instinctively.

A little girl was staring at her. She didn't look older than ten, wearing one of those long skirts and tunics Charlotte's mom made her wear, back when she was a kid and Mom was alive.

Indian clothes, specifically. Oh, of course, from every where else to go to, Charlotte would surely end up in India of all places and in a rural area, where her extensive language skills wouldn't help at all.

The girl had olive toned skin, big eyes and hair loose around her bony shoulders, she looked awfully skinny. She was holding an earthen pot.

The girl said something but Charlotte couldn't understand. It sounded like something she'd heard, a while back. A string tingled at her memories but Charlotte pushed it aside.

The girl then pointed at the pot, eyes big and pleading, ready to cry.

Oh.

Oh.

Charlotte nodded eagerly and slowly got up, pushing against the wall of a random cottage she'd somehow ended up against. She wobbled towards the little girl and again conjured water in her palm, gesturing silently at the pot.

The girl sniffled and forwarded her pot, a thankful look dawning on her sunken face.

Charlotte let the water flow from her hands to the pot, filling it to the brim.

She watched the little girl cry in joy and drink the water quickly.

Charlotte sighed to herself, was her life really any worse than this little child's?

If this young child could survive in scarcity of one of the most essential needs of human lives, Charlotte could damn well get back home.

Not before helping around, though, she thought as the girl tugged on her hand and led her to the center of the village.

Assaka

Dwapar

South India

Peter Parker was not a happy teen that day.

Three guesses, initials of the problem are ROYALS.

Ah, yes, the never ending battle of wits and ego one could get to see in a court of Royalty.