The brothers' meeting

At the same time

Yudi's room

Author POV

Yuddhisthir had ordered all his brothers to meet him in his room and they were accompanied by Panchaali and Mata Kunti as they knew their brother was upset and the only way to not feel like the Earth swallowing them while their brother chided them was their mother. Panchaali was just there to spectate.

The room was engulfed in silence as the waited for their brother to scold them for their reckless behaviour. When he didn't say anything and just stared into nothing with an expressionless face, Bheem assumed it was his responsibility to say something.

He said,"What is going to happen now, jyesth?" Yuddhisthir looked at him and said in a calm voice,"Here's what going to happen. Nakul is going to apologise to Tony, you and Arjun are personally going to apologise to Maharaj and Pitamah and I am going to take Mata and Panchaali to meet Kakashree and Kakishree and Sahdev is going to find Vasudev."

"But jyesth! He was calling our Pitamah old man, isn't that rather insulting?" Nakul said. While many people believed that they followed their jyesth blindly, it wasn't the truth. They just had an internal understanding in them so most of the time they knew what the others wanted to say. They were all comfortable enough with each other to show their thoughts, doubts and insecurities to each other.

Yuddhisthir shook his head and said,"Nakul, Tony is a foreigner. He doesn't know who Pitamah is, neither does he know which adjectives to use for Pitamah. So, it's natural that he calls him old man. We find it inappropriate because we never call him that. It doesn't mean that is was inappropriate, indeed. Maybe it's normal in their homeland." Nakul nodded a bit, guilty by his rude behaviour earlier. Yuddhisthir offered him a smile and said,"It's fine. And apparently it wasn't the most reckless thing my brothers pulled today." He glanced at Arjun and Bheem.

Panchaali would be lying if she said she wasn't amused. The mighty warriors who could probably win a war individually, were sitting quietly like kicked puppies because their brother was scolding them. She supressed a smile and looked at mata Kunti. She was smiling softly and amusement was glinting in her amber eyes.

Bheem looked down and said,"I am sorry, jyesth. It was just that...you know we cannot just sit quietly when they say such atrocious things that even the most ill minded people would not." He would forever refrain from saying or even remotely remembering what he had said. There was always a limit to things. And that limit is universal about parents.

Yuddhisthir looked at the apologetic faces of his younger brothers and sighed. He could never be angry at them. He said,"I understand that, anuj, but you also have to understand that even if they said something, we need not to react. Just like it happened, Duryodhan egged you on and you got provoked. They won't see who said what, they'll see who used their weapons first. And I cannot accept it that my brothers would be that reckless and endanger themselves and their reputations."

As Bheem and Arjun hung their head low, Yuddhisthir walked towards them and said,"Just promise me. If this repeats, you'll just look at me and at the very least try to understand what I am trying to do." His soft tone had all his brothers look at him with goofy smiles. Sahdev said,"See mata! I am the only good brother here who doesn't trouble jyesth." Yuddhisthir laughed as Kunti raised an eyebrow, clearly disbelieving him.

Sahdev sprang up on his feet and hugged Yuddhisthir, burying his head in his brother's chest and whining,"No one here loves me but you jyesth." Yuddhisthir hugged him back but said,"Of course, I love my most dramatic brother, kiddo." That was their thing. Yuddhisthir was their elder brother but almost always called them kids in private. It made them feel free. That they haven't grown up. That they'll always have their brother, if not their father, always guiding them.

Seeing his brother, not angry or tense anymore, Arjun went towards them and threw his arms around his brothers. Seeing this, Bheem dragged Nakul along with him and joined in the hug. Yuddhisthir chuckled slightly and looked over to his mother and wife. He said,"I am sure I can handle two more people, Mata, Panchaali."

Krishnaa looked at her mother-in-law with hesitation. She wasn't sure about this. She was raised to believe that physical contact wasn't appropriate for girls. Kunti seemed to understand the dilemma in her heart and smiled towards her sons,"Let us see the brotherly love from afar, my child. It's truly phenomenal to see such love in my children." Yuddhisthir, seemingly understanding his mistake, gave an apologetic look to Panchaali and his mother and said to his brothers,"Well, do you plan on letting me go?" Four variations of 'no' could be heard after his question as he continued to smile.

No matter what would happen, no matter what throne will he ascend, even if he doesn't ascend the throne, he would be happy so long as he made sure his family was happy.

Meanwhile

Old man's room

Devvrat Bhishm stared out of the window of his room, towards the flowing current of the river form of his mother. Everything he had done for this family and everything he had been willing to do, all flashed in his mind in a second, just like the flow of Ganga. It was purer than the purity itself, but some day, when more and more people would come to wash their sins in her soothing waters, she was bound to get impure herself. Could he compare Yuddhisthir and his mother?

Everyone had always confided in him and considered him the most important person on the path of Dharma. He was born from the blessings of Dharm dev, it was only fair he knew what dharma was. But Devvrat saw, that after guiding many people on the path of Dharma, dharmputr himself was going astray. And it hurt more than anything because Yuddhisthir was very close to his heart. Yes, he loved them all equally, but Yuddhisthir had never gotten a proper childhood; always looking after his brothers and mother after Pandu and Madri's deaths. He had to grow up to he a mature person when his brothers were fighting about who would sit next to their mother.

Yuddhisthir had never let his emotions show, even when they were alone, he would never let anyone see what he thought. When Bheem had gone missing, Yuddhisthir hadn't eaten food for two days straight because he was busy trying to find out his brother while Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev looked for their brother while simultaneously looking after their mother too. Yuddhisthir was never keen on words. He always displayed his affection, his disappointed, his hurt; everything, by actions.

Just like that day, Bhishm had seen Yuddhisthir look at his feet and not talk to anyone personally today. He knew, Yuddhisthir was more than hurt by his behaviour but he couldn't let them in even if he wanted to, because then, Gandharraj, who was visiting every so often, would say how partial he was and then Dhritrashtra would just heed to any advice given by him.

Bhishm sighed as he remembered the days when his grandchildren would just come up to him to solve their fights. Just like whenever Bheem demanded a share of food from Nakul and he refused to give it to Bheem because "he takes too much of the food and leaves me with barely anything, Pitamah!" He chuckled at the memory. And he knew what to do now.

Before you ask, the word 'sarga' is used for kiddo/ kid in sanskrit.

Am in a hurry but do tell me how was it.

Byees