Team meets the boss

Dwapar

Author POV

      After saying that, the room fell silent. Peter was shaking in Tony's arms while everyone else stared, not knowing what to do. Finally, Nakul took it to himself to talk to the kid and went towards the bed. He silently grabbed Peter's hand and said,"Peter, can you look at me?" Peter shook his head, seemingly not wanting to get away from his mentor. What had the kid even seen to be so scared?

       Tony continued to rub circles on Peter's back as he slowly asked,"Kid, can you look up at me?" Peter slowly lifted his head up and met Tony's eyes. Tony didn't know what do to with a kid that had a nightmare. He'd never had that pleasure of knowing someone was with you and he'd never had a kid to look after to even know anything. So, he just went along with what his father never did.

       He said,"You wanna talk about it, Pete?" Peter finally took a deep breath and said,"I don't know what happened Mr. Stark. One moment, I was sleeping peacefully than other moment I was at the ferry. But this time, I was trying to save you. And then, I couldn't." Peter had tears welling up in his eyes but he continued,"Then, there was this voice of a woman and she talked to me. She let it slip that she was the one in your dreams before saying her name and disappearing." Peter had said all of that in English as it was his first instinct to not let anyone else but Mr. Stark know what happened.

       Natasha wondered what he meant by the ferry and trying to save Tony. It seemed as if the kid had tried and succeeded in saving someone from a ferry but his fear of losing Tony was dominant and had been used by whoever that Mayaandri was.

     Yuddhisthir finally said,"Do you want us to leave so you can talk?" Admittedly he didn't like secrets and stuff but seeing the look of concern in Tony's eyes and fear painted all over Peter's face, he knew this was a private moment no one was supposed to intrude on. He was quite shocked when Peter finally said,"No, Yudi. Please stay."

      Peter was finally begining to understand what he had blurted out. The other avengers might figure out his identity from the ferry thing he slipped up but he didn't care about that. The gosh darned voice of that woman kept telling him how he wouldn't be able to save Mr. Stark and that was the first time he totally wanted to punch someone without thinking of the consequences. He had already lost many people. He wasn't going to lose Mr. Stark.

        Bheem finally said,"As you wish, Peter. If you don't mind me asking, why were you talking about Mayaandri devi?" Peter shook his head and said,"I just saw her in my dream." "Do you want to postpone your leave, Peter? You should rest." Draupadi said while looking at the poor boy with worry in her eyes. Peter shook his head and said,"Nah. I'll be alright in a few moments." Tony of course didn't believe it, but everyone else did.

     Tony just sat beside Peter, never leaving his side even after Keshv had come to come to collect them or not even letting him out of his sight for long. Bruce smiled as he remembered a quote he had read on the wall of a temple back in India. Our parents don't teach us what to do as parents but what not to do. He knew that Peter wasn't Tony's son biologically or legally but he also knew he wasn't anything less in Tony's subconscious even if he actively denied it.

Dwarka

     Tony craned his neck as soon as they passed those huge doors and entered in the city. He honestly wished that they had cars, at least they would be more comfortable. The journey wasn't exactly the best one as the avengers were never so used to chariot riding and even then Keshv seemed only interested in dramatics. Once, he had cooked up a story about how he and his elder brother had had a heated fight with a washerman. Keshv's stories always seemed like they were true but still appeared a little far fetched. The fact that he rarely talked about his younger days was a bit unsettling but Tony couldn't complain about that without being a hypocrite.