Feminists needed

Tony stared at Peter quizzically after his words. "The Green Goblin? Who the hell is he now?" Peter shook his head,"You don't remember, Mr. Stark? I fought with him? Norman Osborn?" He nodded and leaned back but then whipped his head towards Peter. "You fought Norman Osborn in those pyjamas?!" Needless to say, Peter recieved an entire lecture on it and Tony's hair turned more grey.

Next morning

After getting ready, Peter went out to see people scrambling around hastily and everyone shouting commands at others and....in short, it was chaos. Admist that chaos, Peter managed to find Bruce standing at a balcony and looking out to the city.

Bruce simply stared ahead. Maybe, maybe he could change things. Maybe he could like, tell the five brothers not to say anything to their mother. Or stop them there for a while. Or.... something, at least. He broke out of his thoughts when Peter said,"It won't do you good to keep your thoughts to yourself, Bruce."

Bruce shook his head and said,"Won't it? I know for a fact you're already feeling guilty about what's going to happen and it's not even your fault." Peter frowned but nodded nonetheless. He said,"We have to trust Govind, right? He is planning things for us, after all. And from the way you look up at him, it will be good."

Bruce nodded and said,"Then why didn't he do something about this at first? Why us, Pete?" "Because, Bruce, the world is not a wish granting factory." "Don't go referencing books now." "That at least amused you, don't lie." "It did." Bruce gave in and smiled. He knew that Peter always did that. His constant chatter was a coping mechanism and his dorkiness just helped the mood. They then set on finding the others.

Later, at the time of swayamvar:

Tony was bored. And irritated. And exhausted. And angry. Bored because they had to sit in that Swayamvar thingy while doing nothing. Irritated because people kept giving him looks because of his arc reactor. Exhausted because he couldn't sleep properly the night before due to his awesome nightmares and no lab didn't help. Angry because they were sitting, doing nothing, in the scorching heat for a while. Needless to say, he was touchy.

Peter, who was sitting just between Govind and Mr. Stark, was groaning internally. Govind seemed to enjoy his misery of not being able to talk to his mentor and said nothing. He glanced around again. Many people were already there in the ground/ auditorium where the competition was supposed to happen.

The citizens and Brahmins were all on a raised platform and sitting awfully close. There were thrones around the borders of the place and on the centre was a bow and an arrow. And a bowl filled with water that showed a reflection of something moving.

What were they supposed to do? No one knew. The kings and princes who had entered seemed like the cliche 'I am better than you' guys. They had an arrogant aura around them. Peter didn't know who was worse, those royals or rogues.

Steve just tried to distract himself from cursing at any god that looked after time. He was always the one out of time. Always. Why did it have to be him again? Oh right! His fate. He looked over at his team on his left and sighed. They were all uncomfortable. Anyone could tell with the looks they recieved.

Clint sighed as he looked around. He could honestly care less about assholish kings and princes but no. Vasudev just had to drag them all there. He looked at the almost filled surroundings and wished he could just go back home, have a nice shower and then go to sleep and forget all of this. But he couldn't. No one could.

Wanda watched as Dhristadhyum got up and said something to a servant. The daasi, as they called her, left with a nod and Dhristadhyum called the attention of the gathered people. He said loud and clear,"I, Dhristadhyum, son of Maharaj Drupad, am going to inform you how to win my sister, Draupadi's swayamvar."

Wanda would be lying if she said she wasn't angry. How could anyone be okay with that? Was a woman a thing to win? What if an alcoholic married her? What if an abusive man married her? What if she wanted to marry someone else? None could answer her unasked questions.

Peter frowned at the balant display of patriarch. A woman wasn't a price of trophy to win. The people who worshipped so many goddesses needed to be told that?

Tony bit his tongue to keep from cussing. He started muttering about the speeches he had given to distract himself while when Draupadi was being escorted to the area. She looked divine and beautiful. Tony frowned as he noticed how she kept her gaze down. This was far from the intelligent girl he had seen last night. She seemed hesitant and shy.

Peter couldn't help but over hear Govind talking to one of the kings. "Pranipat, Angraj." "Pranipat Vasudev. I have heard a lot about you." "Only things worth listening, I hope." Govind had small mischievous smile on his face. Angraj said,"Not good things, Vasudev?" Govind chuckled and said,"The 'good' depends on the person who told you about me and your interpretation of their words. Not mine." "So, I suppose, what they say about you is true. You are a wordsmith."

Peter's attention snapped back to Satyajit as he explained that any king or prince who would raise the bow, string it and shoot an arrow at the eye of the fish above, while looking at the bowl of water, would win the princess. That seemed almost impossible. Even Barton wouldn't be able to do that.

But one of those princes were supposed to win. Who would? And how? Did they have any special abilities? Eye sight? Hand eye coordination? Hearing?

Clint looked at Nat to confirm what he heard was right. She nodded at him and he frowned. How was one supposed to do that? Even he wouldn't be able to do that.

Natasha sat quietly as she saw many princes go to the bow and try and fail to even pick it up. She saw the way their muscles tense as if the bow was the heaviest thing ever. She then heard the whispers going around. Small mutters of insults and mockery.

Tony observed the king clad in orange and gold walk up to the bow. He was the one Madhav was talking to, a little while back. He walked with confidence and determination. His posture oozed confidence and his presence commanded to be noticed. He then joined his hands in a namaste to the bow and bowed his head. Tony thought that he must have muttered something with the moment of this lips. Then, he tried to pick it up.

Surprise, surprise, Mr. Orange actually managed to pick it up.

How was it hoomans?

Did I exceed your expectations?

Hope y'all liked it.

Until next time, byeees.