Was he any better? (yes)

Warning: cussing ahead, kiddos.

Stark towers

       Stephen started telling them the story,"So, basically, there was this king, Bharat, whose dynasty was a really great one. All righteous and good kids all that. They ruled a huge part of ancient India, which I hope you know, was bigger than today's India?" He got several nods except Carol, Loki, Thor and Barnes.

         Wong just said,"It was huge. Expanded to many countries but then slowly partitions and shit happened." The four of them nodded. Stephen said,"You all know that I mean the centuries India before the invasion, right?" Scott's eyes went wide and Stephen resisted the urge to bang his head on the table and continued anyways.

       "So, one of these descendents was a king named..." Stephen looked at Wong to supply the correct pronunciation of the name,"Shantanu. Don't butcher names, I'll help." That got a smirk from Loki and slight chuckle from Harley. Stephen glared at them and continued,"Yes, so he one day met a river nymph. Yes they exist... or...existed, whatever works." Pepper gave a confused look but nodded nonetheless.

       Stephen said,"So, yeah, they had their whole love at first sight thing and he later proposed her. Now, don't look at me like that, I do not know how ancient India worked." Pepper said,"It took Tony a decade to propose me. Of course I'm in shock." That gained a round of chuckles around the table and Stephen smiled. "The river was Ganges, just so you know. She told him she a had a couple of conditions and said that only if he would always give her freedom and never question her deeds, will she marry him and if he ever broke his word, she'd leave him. He, obviously, agreed." The last sentence carried a lot of sarcasm along with an eye roll. Well, their marriage was doomed from the start.

      Stephen continued after quietening Wilson, "So after their marriage, they had kids, 7 to be precise. She drowned all of them, just after their births. In her own waters, no less." Stephen gave a sarcastic smile at that while Wong punched his arm. Hope chocked on her water and Harley was just frozen in his seat, contemplating everything he had ever heard about India. Finally, Wong said,"That's enough. I'm so not letting you continue." Stephen nodded and slided the heavy book towards Wong.

         Before Wong could say anything at all, Rodhey came back to his senses and said,"What, and I can't stress this enough, the fûçk?" The whole table looked as if those were the only words in their heads. Wong glared at Stephen and said,"Moving on, the king saw all of this. He wanted to question her, he really did, but he had given her his word." Carol rolled her eyes and muttered something along the lines of "I'm sure that's the only reason."

       As Wong proceeded to tell them the story, the sun setting slowly as they moved on, they had many reactions and breaks. After them not being able to pronounce Dhritrashtra, Wong had given up on the idea of making the Avengers aware of how to pronounce names because he couldn't, for the love of all things good, hear the ridiculous pronounciation and still manage to continue about the story of the biggest war ever heard of.

      Pepper's death glare, Barnes and Vision's rare spurt of anger, Loki's daggers appearing out of nowhere, the lighting cackling outside in the middle of winter and Carol's half burnt sleeve after the narration were somethings left unquestioned. Even Stephen and Wong looked outright furious during some moments and disgust and anger seemed to the only emotions that Harley and Rodhey harboured all that while. Scott shuddered violently when his ever traitorous mind told him that he too had a daughter and it ripped through his heart that those inhumane and fûçking disgusting things happened even all those years ago.

       Sam, possibly along with Loki, was quite possibly the only one who looked at both the situations and felt a heartache. A son, whose parents had never even seen his face. A prince who felt neglected. A prince who was told that he would be the one to carry on his father's legacy. A young and vulnerable mind, corrupted because of personal agendas of someone else. Even, a son that didn't ever have the pleasure of getting to know his father much. A brother who had to look out for his brothers, always. A son that made sure his mother was his first priority. A husband that must have hated himself for a long long time. A father that never got to see his children grow up, just like he never got to see his father grow old.

      Loki understood what must have gone through that Dur-whatever person's mind, he did. Afterall, he, the god of mischief himself, had been that vulnerable once, too. He had been that... vicious too. Was he any different than that guy? Of course he was. He would never do that to a woman, no matter who she was. Was he really?, a small voice made its uncertainty clear in his head.

     Carol, sensing Loki stiffen and tense, held his hand and said,"Lokes, listen to me. You maybe like him, I won't lie. But you aren't him. You're better, Lokes. You changed. You tried to do your part. Are you listening to me, Lokes?" Loki was just staring at her with wide emerald eyes and he said,"Yes, love. Thank you." He brought their intervened hands up and kissed the back of her hand.

    Harley shouted,"PDA alert!! PDA alert!!"

Dwapar

The royal dining area (is that what it is? Idk tbh)

Author POV

    The avengers were sitting in silence. Natasha's mind was still reeling from the new discoveries she and Wanda had made the night before. Apparently, the ladies of the house never had much problems amongst eachother, unlike their husbands, weird. Also, the king had another wife. And another son too. You-You-something? She swore that when she got back to home, she would go and learn hindi and sanskrit first. Yes, they did know sanskrit now, thanks to Vasudev, but they still couldn't pronounce things accurately and it was hella irritating.

     Then, Tony said,"Guys, I may have a lead" at the same time that Bruce said,"I've got a hint."

So...*stands awkwardly like Bruce* ehhh...hey?

I'm back. That's obvious. My bro, sis and dadu helped me a hell lot in getting my social battery starting again, so there's that.

And I left all my emotions in my last two poems, so I'm kinda sorta good now

Anyways, how was it?

I hope it was good for you all.

I never said the whole mahabharat story because, 1, it would take eons and 2, many of you would disagree with what I know and I honestly don't want to deal with that shit as of now.

Next chapter, the mystery woman will be revealed. Probably. *runs away*

Until next time, byeees hoomans