The Seventh Sunday

"Ella!" Erin called knocking on the wooden door.

Ella threw on her coat opening the door. She'd spent the rest of the morning cleaning up the mess.

"Hey, should we get going?" Erin asked.

Ella looked back at Pebbles, who seemed to have recovered, playing with his small toy on the ground. She didn't know if she should leave him again.

"Woah what the hell happened in here?" Erin asked looking past Ella and walking in.

Ella had cleaned up the mess, but there were scratch marks in the wood, couch and somehow even on the walls.

"No clue. Something really spooked Pebbles, I found him trembling in my closet," Ella explained.

"Geez. Maybe he saw another cat?" Erin suggested.

"Maybe...but he lived in the uppards. He was probably accustomed to other cats," Ella replied.

"Hmm," Erin sighed. "Well do you still want to go?"

Ella nodded. "He seems to be okay. We won't be long right?"

"Nope. Normally only lasts an hour and half," Erin responded walking back out the door, which Ella closed behind them.

"Hey I haven't told you yet," Ella said as they walked down towards St. Patrick's.

"Told me what?" Erin asked.

"Hey you two," A voice said behind them.

They looked behind them to see Sarah Gunning, the island's doctor and their friend coming up behind them, carrying paper grocery bags.

"Hey Sarah!" Ella greeted. "We're just off to St. Patrick's."

"Has the Monsignor returned?" Sarah asked.

Ella shook her head about to explain when Erin cut her off.

"I'm still coming for that appointment later right?" Erin asked.

Sarah nodded. "It should be well before the storm. Anyways, I need to get back to my mom. I'll see you later Erin, and enjoy the sermon, Ella."

Erin sighed happily looking down at her stomach.

She had just started showing about a month ago.

"How is being pregnant going for you, by the way?" Ella asked.

"Pretty gross honestly. Lot of sickness," she sighed. "But...whenever I look at this baby...I'm so, so happy. It really did save me," She replied with a smile.

Ella smiled back. She knew what had happened to Erin, she was just glad she was okay now.

"Well auntie Ella is going to be your favourite," Erin said to her stomach.

Ella laughed. "I'm auntie Ella now?"

Erin nodded. "Of course. You've been here for me the most during this pregnancy. I never felt like I had to go through it alone."

Ella smiled. "And you won't. Now that Riley is here to."

Erin sighed. "I'm going to have to explain to him eventually."

"Yeah, but I can be there, if you want to do it later when we head to the cafe," Ella suggested.

Erin nodded. "Maybe..."

"Or you don't have to yet. Whenever your ready," Ella added.

She smiled back at her, but didn't say anymore about it.