Pains of the Past

(Art above is from picrew.me. I don't know who created the template, but all credit goes to them.)

*****

"Everything seems just fine," Sarah told Ella, examining the wound on her arm for the final time that morning.

Ella let out a sigh, as Sarah re-bandaged her arm.

"So she can leave?" Riley asked, standing, leaning against the door frame.

Sarah looked back over her shoulder at him, standing up. "She can leave, but I want you to take it easy Ella. You seem to be ending up in my care quite a lot just in this past week. I don't know how you're finding yourself in all these situations, but please. Be more careful."

Ella smiled and nodded. "I appreciate it doc. I can assure you, I'm quite done with looking for trouble."

"Good. Now, take the medicine once in the morning and once at night, at least twelve hours apart, and you should heal properly," Sarah replied walking them out the door.

Ella took a sigh, as she stepped out into the sun. Worried she would burn, but nothing came. She let out her breath in relief, and basked in the suns warm glow once again.

"Have you spoken to the Father?" Riley asked as they walked down towards the Sheriffs house.

"About what?" Ella asked, careful not to completely answer the question. She didn't want to end up in another silent battle with Riley.

"About Leeza."

Ella was a little shocked. In the midst of everything, she'd forgot that just yesterday morning, Leeza could walk.

"No... no I haven't. But maybe you should," Ella answered.

He gave her an inquisitive look.

"Well, I'm not going to be going to the meeting tonight. Perhaps you can ask him then?" Ella suggested.

"Who says he's going?" Riley scoffed.

"I want answers just as much as you Riley. I can understand why this might be confusing for you, because you're not religious. It's confusing for me as well. But nothings going to come if you don't at least ask the man," Ella told him as they walked up the Sheriffs steps and knocked on his door.

Riley didn't reply, he just looked off in thought.

Ali answered the door, greeting them with a kind, friendly smile.

"Hey Ella! How's your arm?" He asked, opening the door wider and letting them inside.

"I'll be alright, thanks for asking. I came by to pick up Pebbles?" Ella said.

"Yeah of course! I'll honestly be a little sad to see him go. Dad never really let me have a pet," He replied with a small laugh.

Pebbles came running up to them, and sitting down right next to Ali, looking up at Ella with a "what do you want" look.

Ella laughed. "He's taken a liking to you! Thanks for taking care of him."

Ali nodded, grabbing up Pebbles's food bowl and handing it off to her as she scooped up an annoyed kitten.

"If you ever need someone to watch him again I'd be happy to!" Ali offered, giving Pebbles one last pat.

"I couldn't think of anyone better. Thanks again, and say thanks to your Dad for me will ya?" Ella asked walking out the door to Riley waiting on the street.

"I will! Take care!" Ali replied before closing the door behind him.

"Sweet kid," Ella said to Riley as they took off towards her house. "Pebbles thinks so to."