Moon Drunk

(The photo above is from Picrew.me, I used a template created by someone I unfortunately don't know, but all the credit goes to them. Thanks!)

(Also I just really love this chapter y'all! I got butterflies from my own writing. Literally was sitting on my bed with the stupidest grin on my face for like an hour lol. Anyways, hope you enjoy. Happy Halloween!)

*****

The world was an array of dizzying colours for Ella. The lights flashed white, and gold and red as she felt an on surge of people crowd her.

She couldn't quite tell where she was. The sound was muffled, but she could audibly hear a loud ringing. She didn't know if it was coming from her head, or the outside world but it was getting annoying.

She watched, her eyes burning, as shadows passed over her view, wondering where she was and what had happened.

I'm in Seattle, she thought, On a hospital bed, being rushed to the ER. Ugh, I'm gonna have some explaining to do to my parents. They're not going to be too happy about this.

She watched as the bright hospital lights pass overhead, feeling herself rolling on the stretcher.

How does one explain this? "Sorry pal, I forgot the human body requires nutrition, then I took funny looking pills and now your only daughter is in a hospital bed fighting for her life. How is the family doing by the way?" She laughed to herself in her mind, feeling her brain slip in and out of consciousness. Ah, I'm going to be in so much shit. Unless I don't try to fight. Just pull the cord Doctor. Let this be over with. Am I even on life support?

She watched the blurry faces examen her own. She felt like laughing at everything. It all seemed hilarious. One face came right up close to her, enough that she could make out their features. Though, they looked liked they were blending with each other and it made her laugh again.

Please stop this ringing. It's ruining my mood. It's all too much.

Her breath became rapid and she could feel the pain growing in her stomach and through her body. She kept trying to take in breaths of air, but every gulp she took, she choked back out. She could feel her entire body shutting down, as she desperately tried to suck in the oxygen. But she forgot how.

I-I didn't mean it! Please! Let me breathe! No no no stop! Please stop! I'm scared...

Suddenly it didn't matter anymore. There was no feeling of worry. No pain. No need for air. It was all over.

Not yet.

*****

Ella sat up with a start, her hand clenched around her neck as she took in deep gulps of air. It stayed in this time.

It was dark, where she was. On a small little bed in the corner of a room, with a little window, moonlight streaming in.

She collected her thoughts. No. She wasn't in Seattle. She was on Crocket Island, and she was safe. Or was she?

She looked down at her left arm, searching for the claw marks, but they'd been covered by a fresh bandage.

Her arm wasn't in pain anymore, though it did feel hot to the touch, like she'd just gotten a sunburn.

She stared blankly at the bandage, wrapped tightly around herself. It felt like she'd just awoken from a fever dream. She strained her brain to remember what had happened, but it sent her into a dizzy spell and she feel back down on the pillow.

There was no one around, in this tiny empty room. She was completely alone. She began to wonder if anyone was on the island at all. It was so quiet and so still, it frightened her.