Love on Ice

(Someone sent me their own version of Ella that they made on Picrew.me and I love it so much! They used a template created by the talented Berri to make this masterpiece!)

*****

Ella looked back at Father Paul, dumbfounded.

"Um...what?" She asked.

He smiled and gestured into her house.

Having no clue what was going on she opened the door wider to let him in.

"Lovely home you have. Quaint," he smiled politely. "Did it come with a personal chef?"

The Sheriff stood up and took off his apron, giving him a shy laugh.

"Uh Hassan...The sheriff was just making us breakfast. Crepes," Ella explained awkwardly.

Paul nodded. "Well they smell great, yeah good work Sheriff."

He nodded uncomfortably. "Yeah, I'll get going," he stated, grabbing up his denim coat.

Ella gave him a pleading look of please don't leave me alone.

He just nodded, gave her a quick smile and left.

She glared off at him as he closed the door.

That son of a...

"Very kind of the Sheriff to take care you," Father Paul said, a little hint of bitterness behind his tone.

"Um he wasn't taking care of me, he just asked if I wanted breakfast. He's done it before," Ella replied, fidgeting with the cool glass jar on her necklace.

"Made you breakfast?" He asked.

"Brought me dinner, but yeah," Ella said with a quick smile.

He nodded and looked back at the table before turning back to her.

"Anyways, I'm here to do your Mass, since you missed communion," he told her with a smile.

She nodded still feeling confused. "You do house calls?"

"Oh not really. I just figured it was important, to you of course," he gestured, setting down a small leather case and taking out the goblet, mini cruets, and a flask.

"Right...well I promise I didn't skip communion to go eat breakfast with the Sheriff," she explained, worried he was judging her.

He shook his head. "No need to worry, I didn't think so. I already know why."

Ella raised her brow at him. "You do?"

He looked up at her like she was supposed to know to. "Yes."

"Wait, what are you thinking?" She asked, leaning against her couch.

"I..." he hesitated, "well I'm assuming it was because of me..."

Ella cut him off, "No, no. It wasn't you I promise. It was your side kick."

"What's Bev done to you?" He asked suddenly worried.

Great. The hole gets even deeper.

She shook her head. "Nothing of your concern. But...it wasn't you."

He nodded sending an awkward silence throughout the room.

"Right well..." he paused. He laid out his equipment, and began to say the prayer. He offered Ella the bread, then the blood.

She pressed her lips to the cup, it was cool and tasted like iron. He held it up for her as she took a sip. She pulled her eyes open, for no reason at all while she drank, and saw something that made her want to throw up.