𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆, 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝗯𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen

freaky, lesbian pillow fights

・❥・

        JORDANNA WAS TURNING 19 in a week.

        Meaning it was that time of the year when she started having dreams of her father—not so much as dreams, but more reliving memories, in a sense. 

        Howard Adams was a dick, everyone knew that—she had met many pricks in her lifetime but he was at the top of the list. I mean, if there was a competition on who the biggest dickhead in the world was, he'd surely win.

        So no matter how much she tried to push him to the back of her mind—what he did, to the back of her mind, she couldn't—not when it neared her birthday. She never knew what it was about her birthday that seemed to dig up old traumas—maybe it was the fact that she was grateful that she lived through all the attempts Howard had gone through to end her life.

        It confused her, but nonetheless, every year a different memory surfaced—sometimes it'd be the day she witnessed him kill her mother, or when she killed him.

        But this time, this time, she had been reunited with the memory of him taking her magic. She hadn't thought about it in a long time, she was 17, just before Stefan and his brother brought all the supernatural drama to the sweet town that is Mystic Falls. 

        Jordanna couldn't deal without her magic—she used it for literally everything: to open her locker (cause them damn locks never wanted to open for her), to cheat on tests that she hadn't studied for, free food (there was nothing wrong with making the bartender slightly infatuated with herself so she'd get free food. I mean, you'd do it if you could) and of course there was the whole surviving thing.

        Jordanna didn't just wake up a fighter, she never used to be able to fight — but she had her magic. When that got taken away, she learnt that she couldn't always depend on that—after all, she still had enemies, and a lot of them at that.