𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗳𝗲𝘁𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen

fête des bénêdictions

・❥・

      JORDANNA WAS A MESS, to put it lightly. It had been a few days since finding out about Bonnie—and Damon, dying, though she didn't really give a fuck about Damon's death, only how it effected Stefan. 

      Their first visit to New Orleans wasn't supposed to go like this, it wasn't supposed to start with the three breaking down as soon as their eyes found each other when they entered the Compound. Bonnie was supposed to be there with them, not the three sobbing over the loss of the Bennett.

      Jordanna wasn't supposed to watch Stefan fall apart over his brother. His brother.

      Caroline wasn't supposed to be bawling on the floor of the Abattoir earning weirded looks from the vampires in passing. 

      It wasn't supposed to like this, but hey, that was life for you. Shitty things happen and there is nothing you could do about it, in certain circumstances that was anyway.

      They got drunk, a great way to numb the pain of a loss of a friend, all except Jordanna. She had to sit in Rousseau's listening to Caroline and Stefan giggle amongst themselves as they drowned their sorrows, doing shots 'in honour of Bonnie and Damon'.

      Jordanna was bored half of the night—thoughts corrupted by a certain Bennett when Cami showed up. Pushing a plate of fries over to the witch, Jordanna raised her eyebrow at the bartender as she looked up toward the blonde.

      "You always get them when you come in here," Cami shrugged as she wiped down the bar surface. "Thought you might need to eat, since your friends are . . ." her eyes trailed along to Caroline and Stefan—the former casually sucking on a blood bag in the middle of Rousseau's whilst the latter indulged in bourbon. "Busy."

      "Thanks . . . " Jordanna trailed off awkwardly, this was weird, she and Cami didn't do nice. They did petty, awkward little moments but nice? Nice was unnatural for the two—which elicited in Cami muttering an awkward. "Uh—I should get back to work." Under her breath before she walked off, turning to serve another customer.