𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗶 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮 𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿

chapter fourty-two

chapter fourty-two

i heard a rumour

・❥・

   JORDANNA SWAM THROUGH the small, hidden lake in the back fields as she cleared her head

JORDANNA SWAM THROUGH the small, hidden lake in the back fields as she cleared her head. It wasn't as though she wanted to take a morning swim, no, she was washing the blood off of the people who had, unfortunately for them, bumped into her that night. The amount of people she had killed didn't matter, it was simply enough to leave her drenched head to toe in blood—hence why she was swimming in a lake to wash it off.

    She was bound to receive a ridiculing from Elijah if he found out how many civilians had died. It was like being scolded by a mother. A child who had taken too much candy would get screamed at by their mother, Jordanna had taken too many lives, equals the mother in Elijah.

   But she simply didn't care to hear his complaints—if anything she'd block his voice out of her head and think of other things. Things like Klaus. She wondered if he hated her for leaving him like that . . . though she may not have left him, she didn't want him to think like that—but after all, it's Klaus we're talking about. He jumped to conclusions, even if he had been told otherwise, and that's what scared her. They hadn't talked since then, since she had told him she was going to stay with Hayley and Jackson.

Sure, they had seen one another, while it was always brief glances when she came to pick Sebastian up, it still happened. It was as though they were drawn to one another no matter the circumstance—and that magnetic feeling that attached the two? It was taunting Jordanna, it was mocking her, so she needed to clear her mind.

"What took you so long?" Marcel asked as Jordanna caught up to him as he jogged down the French Quarter. His hand subconsciously trailed up to his arm as he paused the music blurring through his ears.

Jordanna lifted her shoulders in a shrugging motion as she ran beside him, "I got hungry."

The Gerard man rolled his eyes, an amused smirk made its way onto his face. "Course you did," he shook his head, running at the same pace as the Jones.