𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝗺𝗮𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿

chapter forty-six

chapter forty-six

mad hatter

・❥・

    JORDANNA'S HEAD HURT like a bitch

    JORDANNA'S HEAD HURT like a bitch. A constant ringing formed, blaring through her ears like an annoying chime that couldn't be put to a stop. But her head was the least of her worries, no, the most concerning thing at the moment was where she was.

    She was no longer slumped on the floor of the elevator with Aurora hovering over her with a smug look etched on her face, a werewolf venom syringe laced with vervain held in her hand, rather, she was in a house. And if she was being honest, it was a gorgeous home, if she wasn't so damn confused she'd be envious — it was definitely how she would decorate it.

    Her manicured nails reached up to her temples, tentatively rubbing the spot with the pads of her fingers. Which was weird, she hadn't gotten her nails done yet, and she knew this wasn't a fresh set because she broke one from dragging Aurora around by her hair earlier on.

    So to say she was confused was an understatement, it was like a damn fever dream. Jordanna wasn't a fan of such, fever dreams were fickle things, like a goddamn gnat, always picking and picking away, and in this instant it was picking away at her sanity.

    She didn't like this feeling that was flowing through her body, the confusion, the dazy mind, it reminded her of waking up everyday in her coma, not a single clue in the world of what was going on.

    And her confusion only set deeper and deeper when she heard a voice call out to her, one would think that the youth on the voice would be compelling, but it was the single word that rang out to her.

    "Mom!"

    She removed her fingers from her temple, lifting her head up she caught sight of a young boy, no more than eight or nine, a gleeful smile on his face as he looked towards her.

    ". . . What the actual fuck?" Was all she could manage out as she looked toward him in confusion, the boy merely pulled a face at the foul language that left her tongue as he sent her a pointed stare.