𝗶𝗶. 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱

chapter fourty-one

chapter fourty-one

man who can't be moved

・❥・

   IT HAD BEEN six months

   IT HAD BEEN six months. Six whole months since that night. When Klaus pulled away a confused Jordanna, he sat her down and explained—or well, he tried to explain how long she had been 'gone'. Six fucking months. The vampire tried to stay calm as he told her about how they defeated Dahlia, the tense atmosphere between himself and Elijah, how Hayley threw a party for Sebastian's birthday—but everything he had said afterwards? She hadn't heard it, not a single word.

    She missed his birthday. Their first birthday. God, Jordanna used to say that she'd never have a maternal bone in her body, ever, but shit . . .  she did. And when she was torn apart from her child? Again. It was the worst feeling in the world. It felt like someone was tearing her heart from her chest—slowly and painfully, it was an anguishing pain she felt.

    And she didn't like it.

    She didn't like what she felt—how she felt. It wasn't normal for her, the none stop pacing up and down the floorboards, sure enough to drive a dent into the wooden surface, the shaky hands, the tired, red looking eyes, the pale complexion that rested on her face, how when she spoke her voice was low—quiet even.

    She needed normal—perhaps that's what it was. She hadn't felt 'normal' in a long time, and maybe she needed that to get back into routine. Then she could just be Jordanna again. Not this . . . imposter.

    So she did what she knew, she fixed everything. Or . . . well, she tried, there was only so much that she could glue back together. She covered her pale complexion with makeup and did her hair, her red eyes were concealed by Chanel Glasses that sat on her nose and her shaky hands?—well, she cured them by putting a cigarette between them.

    Jordanna cleared her throat as she held the phone up to her ear. The silence on the other end made her stiffen as she listened to Davina's breathing before a timid, shocked voice spoke up. "Jords?" Davina's voice broke in shock.