𝗶𝘃. 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

chapter twenty six

chapter twenty six

making amends

・❥・

JORDANNA HAD DISAPPEARED and Klaus was just about to lose his damn mind. He couldn't tell if she was just avoiding him or if she was hurt. And if it was the latter, well it's safe to say he'd bury the person responsible six feet under.

He hadn't seen nor heard from her since before she flipped her switch back on and he was worried. He knew how she would be feeling—it'd be exactly how he felt four months ago.

And it wasn't a nice feeling.

Jordanna, on the other hand was a wreck as she crossed the field littered with those bright yellow flowers—the joy of the nature contrasted with the shitty mood she was feeling.

A basket rested in the crook of her arm as she placed it on the floor before crouching down beside it. She pulled her mother's necklace from her neck, which she had quickly grabbed before making her exit from the Compound, and gripped it tightly in her hand, wrapping it around her palm before she brushed the small blanket over the basket off—revealing a snake.

The reptile hissed up at her as she pulled it from the basket with pursed lips, she licked her dry lips as she reached into the basket and pulled out a long, sharp dagger.

The Jones held the snake tightly in the her hand before the dagger imbedded into the snake, she dragged the knife down, her eyes fluttered close as she began chanting.

This is what she had spent the night doing, sacrificial magic—or attempting to. But nothing was working.

Her words went louder as her grip on the snake grew stronger, the leaves around her danced across the floor lightly as the wind picked up, gently caressing her hair.