Cold Hands, Warm hugs

"Kody! Kody!"

A grunt was heard as the blanket covering Kody shifted slightly.

Another shout and a shaking from the wolf came. He yet again refused to open his eyes, he could tell it was bright out without even opening his eyes.

A slim finger poked his face with a sound of giggles coming from the wolf boy. He was so excited, over what?

'Open, open your eyes', Kody reluctantly opened his eyes, his vision immediately overcame with bright lights after the blurring subsided.

He blinked a few times, grumbling loudly when the familiar face of Lumine came into view.

"It's the weekend Lumine, Let me sleep in..." Kody's voice came off a bit raspy but Lumine understood. "But Kody! Look outside!" An overly excited werewolf shouted. He bounced off the bed with a small "hooray!"

Kody couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed yet the smiling boy was someone he felt couldn't be angry at. "This better not be stupid."

Lumine... was excited about the snow. He bounced on his tippy toes smiling as flowers seemed to surround him in happiness.

Kody smiled slightly, "Kody can we open the window?" Lumine asked as his multicolored eyes flashed him a look. "It's cold outside though. Why not just go outside or something." He meant for the last part to come as a question but it just came to be a statement.

That didn't make sense... why go outside if it was cold? The window didn't sound to bad. Kody questioned himself but before he could clarify what he meant...

Lumine smiled even wider, Kody wondered if his face would hurt from smiling to much. "Yeah let's go outside!" Lumine exclaimed. He had ran out of Kodys room with a slight skip.

Kody couldn't believe he had just suggested to go outside. Has he gone insane, Was he that tired? Probably.

Kody shivered at the thought of snow touching him, oh the cold cold snow. The only thing Kody liked about the fact that it was cold outside was the fact he could wear one of his warm jackets.

It seemed that Kody had zoned out staring at a certain spot of snow that seemed to have been stepped on. A quick white blur plopped onto the snow. Wow, snow fell that fast? Scary.

"Lumine?" Kody questioned to himself. Was that Lumine? The ball on the snow suddenly moved. Ah, it was Lumine. That little impatient wolf.

Kody sped walked over to the other boy, he isn't worried but he's worried. You get it right?

"Lumine?" The ball of fur slowly turned around in his puppy form, "Yes Kody?" He seemed to wince at moving a bit.

Kody smiled, "You should be more careful." Lumine gave a soft giggle in response, his cheeks became bright with lovely red and pink.
Kody crouched down to pick Lumine up in his arms.

The last time Kody had picked him up was when he'd forget his bus ticket or something. Lumine immediately jumped into Kody's arms searching for warmth.

Oh. Kodys hands were cold against him, Lumine didn't mind it as much well maybe he did.

Shuffle shuffle

'Please don't let me go'

Kody had placed him down on the porch with a sigh following after.

Lumine frowned, turning into his human form once again. He had a few scratches on his hand. He'll fix that later.

Kody brought his hands up to his face and slowly exhaled onto them. His hands were freezing. From the corner of his eyes he noticed Lumines pretty eyes.

He stared at him with those big eyes, he couldn't tell what could be on the wolfs mind. Probably nothing, there are no thoughts behind those eyes.

Kody waved at him as he had noticed Lumine staring a lot longer than he he'd expected. "Lumine? You alright..?" Gosh, the amount of times he'd said Lumines name today-

Lumine slowly smiled, he had pressed his hand against Kody's s. Stopping the wave Kody had started. Kody's neutral face wavered and his eyebrow rose a bit.

Kody didn't know what to say, didn't know what to do, so he stayed in the same spot.

Kody, didn't he understand the look Lumine was giving him.

"Kody" The name slipped out of Lumine's mouth in a way that the witch didn't understand. His voice was so soft at the moment, so is the look he's giving the witch.

Slowly, Lumine had embraced Kody with a hug. "Lumine, What are you doing?" Kody's voice had made Lumine realize what he was doing.

"You're hands were cold, you're hugs feel warm.." Lumine muttered in Kody's shoulder. Kody nervously wrapped an arm around Lumine, giving him that nervous one arm hug.

As Lumine remained in Kody's embrace, There was one thing that wavered in his mind. It was the wish to be with Kody and closer to him. He liked to be around Kody, he liked anything he could get from Kody. A smile, a laugh, anything.

The feeling of danger came around a lot, though in the end. He was Kody's bodyguard.

"Lumine, Your hands have scrapes and scratches. Come on, let's go get bandaids." Kody slowly let go of Lumine then pulled him up with him.

"Okay, Kody"