Make the choice

"What's going on?"

"Why are you holding my journal?"

Neither of the boy's wanted to answer the questions, though they knew they would have to at some point.

That journal held multiple secrets he'd rather Kody not read, even the confessions and the accidental love letter and the constant speaking of Kody.

It felt embarrassing to think Kody could have read all that, "Have you read any of it?"

the silence made him more anxious. He started to fidget with his hands as sweat slipped from his forehead.

He bit his lip.

"Answer my question first Lumine, Why are you packing?"

Packing... which is he talking about?

"Which-"

"The backpack." The witch was annoyed by that question.

No reason to hide it?
"Well... I received a letter from my papa."

"Oh, that's great? He's your adoptive dad right?" He gulped.

"Yeah, have I told you how I was sent here for my safety?"

"Yeah?"oh, he remembered that.

He smiled at that, it was wobbly. This isn't the time to feel even more for the other.

"Right.. well apparently it's safe to go home now,"

There was a pause, he couldn't look him straight in the eye any longer.

"I'll need to make my choice to go back home."

He walked over a bit urgently and grabbed his arms, "You're joking right? Lumine."

Of course, he had to be joking.

It wasn't funny but he would forgive Lumine, he just wanted to be reassured his best friend isn't leaving.

Lumine, please be joking. Say it please.

Lumine could only stare at the slightly shorter boy, what could he say, what can he say.

"Look, I haven't made my choice yet Kody. Don't worry"

He smiled at the other boy who had been pulling on his arms.

"Don't look at me like that, I might just believe it." Kody, please

"Well what can I do to prove it to you?" Oh god, why did I say that

"Explain to me, explain to me what you meant in this journal. Do you really feel those emotions for me?"

No...
He should've known that Kody would ask, if not now he would've asked at some point

His face became noticeably pink, his hand came to cover his face a bit. He felt bad Kody read those pages, he might be seen as weird now

"I- I um"

He felt that his words wouldn't come out right.

How can he say something without saying it?

By acting on it.

He can't, well he has before but actually saying I love you face to face and not on text or behind something felt weird, so different.

They have kissed before but those weren't initiated by him, maybe he should do that?

Unfortunately, Lumine is a bit of a pussy.

He planned to leave(if he chose to) without telling Kody his emotions.

Those same emotions that caused Lumine to become very clingy towards Kody, Kody didn't seem to mind it though

Well Kody didn't mind then but now? He seemed bothered.

Very bothered. "Kody is everything okay?"

"Do you?" He's leaving me breathless

"...yes"

"And you were going to leave just like that?"

That's right.

The witch's face looked unfamiliar, he looked angry and it's a face Lumine hadn't seen for a long time.

"I haven't even made my decision yet, it's just a bit in the backpack for later if I decided I should go. Although now,"

He had finally looked up at Kody, the eye contact had sent Kody to become tongue tied.

"Those plans don't seem worth it any longer, maybe." Maybe, maybe there's going to be a chance he won't get told, "I don't feel the same"

"Lumine, I"

No words came out, nothing. He's not able too. His throat was parched and his lips chapped, he frowned.

That sent a bad signal to Lumine, he was overthinking the situation but it's valid.

"You don't feel the same, I get it"

Kody only shook his head no

It became obvious to Kody he needed to say something now. Or he'd lose this.

Ding

Damn it.

Bill came by Kody's ankle and stood to watch the scene unfold.

It was quite dramatic huh?

Lumine's eyes dulled but a smile formed.

What could that message say?
__________________

What could that message say?__________________

Hope you can see it.