Mushy

"I sent the message."

Calla patted his back while sipping her drink, "good, now how do you feel?"

"Like shit? But the good kind"

"Good kind- there's a good kind?"

"Sure there is"

Calla only hummed, he really looked into the bright side of shitting..

His response was left on seen, neither of the two knew what that meant. Was Lumine mad or is it something else?

Minutes later Elijah hears something that made him feel he'll explode

"He's typing,"

Elijah turned his head a bit quick which left him dazed for a bit but he stared down at his phone to see the three dreaded dots.

Lumine: Oh, that's okay Elijah! Don't worry about ruining our friendship I still think you're a great friend, I'm glad you were able to confess. I'm proud of you ^^

Elijah didn't know how to respond, he felt friendzoned cause he was but he still felt happy about the idea of staying friends. Also being told someone was proud of him, made him smile shakily.

Calla only smiled a little, "how do you feel now?"

"A lot better? I don't feel like I'm carrying weights on my shoulders anymore, chest hurts a little but it's okay" He did feel sad, but that's not important

She hugged him from the side and offered to go hang with their other friends to take their minds off it. She was great, "Sure"

Elijah: thanks Lumine 😭 I literally expected to not be friends anymore
______________

Wind chimes clinked together making sounds as Lumine sat outside the house, he counted the clouds in the sky and watch their forms change.

One shaped into a messy heart and the other he spotted was a chunky dog, how nice

He smiled as he felt his face become colder with the passing wind, "Lumine, you didn't hear me out"

"Kody I don't wanna hear about how Ballora from sister location is kinda hot."

"What? no, not that. I meant you didn't hear the rest of what I wanted to say Lumine." Now where did Lumine get that from...?

Kody sat beside the other boy, the other still faced away from him "then what's the rest?"

Kody reached to hold Lumine's hand, they connected. Kody's hand clenched around the others.

He couldn't think of the right words, he couldn't think. Although, he may not need words for the point to come across

He's going to do what he had done before, but with more emotion.

Chapped lips reached soft lips, this came a surprise but it was pleasant for both. One couldn't believe they did it and the other wasn't expecting it at all.

How lovely, holding each other close has been what they both wanted but from different points in time.

They wanted to hold each other close but this time not as best friends, something more.

"ko-dy, someon- e might s-ee"

Kody only pushed on, He didn't care if anyone saw.

He's been wanting this for so long and he's finally achieved it. He felt like he was floating or just high. But if his dad came out he'd absolutely shit himself.

-

"Lumine, Kody? Are you out her-"

Aiden had walked out.

His dad just walked out.

They had let go at this point, they just stared at Aiden and Aiden did the same.

An understanding smile came to Aidens face. "Well isn't this a surprise?"

Lumine just giggled nervously and Kody looked away, this was so awkward. He should've guessed that his dad would be the one to see them.

-

In the end, it seems Lumine's wish may have come true. To be with his favorite person, Kody, his best friend.

How overjoyed he felt, every moment after that reminded him of the first time he felt for the other.

It's like looking at him that way for the first time, feeling giddy and just warm all over.

Thank you, that's all he wanted to say.

He laid his head on Kody's shoulder hoping the cold from the outside wouldn't ruin this moment.