No more to hide

"Elijah, at this point you're just letting your emotions eat at you. I mean look at you... and your room."

Calla glanced around the messy room that had been seen better days. When she looked back towards him all she saw was the shell of her once bright friend.

"Just confess, you know that these emotions will hurt you the longer you keep them in."

She had been wanting to say that but looking at Elijah he may be thinking of letting his emotions swallow him whole.

"Look, Calla. I can't, have you seen them! They're so happy. I can't ruin that with stupid emotions I got all because I felt comfortable and happy around that ball of happiness no matter what he does. He could literally say I'm ugly and I'd die of happiness."

Calla whistled, "Down bad. Tremendously down."

He groaned while launching himself backwards into his bed, he, to be honest with himself.... Didn't actually know if that was his bed.

"I am, I am."

He put his hands to his face and hoped to wake the next day feeling no such feelings for the wolf boy who shall not be named at said moment. He'll feel worse.

Calla smirked, "Stop moping. You know you don't have to do a confession in person. You can text, you know... with your neglected phone over there.. " she pointed to the phone that for some reason was taped to the ceiling.

"I did that to refrain myself from doing just that.."

"And why stop yourself? Just go for it. You already know the outcome, and you know how much of kind person he is. Lumine won't be mad, he won't drop you as his friend."

She took a deep breath," what I'm trying to say is that even if rejection sucks, keeping it to yourself like this will make you feel worse for a while longer than the rejection will. I promise."

He took a deep breath in and his shoulders stiffened, he's not sure about saying anything to the other boy.

Would Lumine really be kind to him after that?

Now he felt like he barely knew him

He shook his head, he's  only a friend. That's how it will continue.

She patted his shoulder awkwardly, she felt that maybe she wasn't doing much for him.

"I'll think it over."

"Well that's a start, proud of you redhead."

"Thanks."

"Want some pre-rejection Icecream?"

"Totally."

Elijah held his pinky up to her and in which she could only snort at,

"You're such a kid"

He only chuckled and moved his pinky closer to her,

"Of course."

There their fingers connected and then the promise was made.

And then...

They ate ice cream 🍨😎