Spirit

A few days into winter break, at least three, Kody has been experiencing these fainting spells.

He wouldn't wake for a while even almost going onto the next day, "He regains that lack of energy from sleeping" Lumine could recall the doctor saying

Oh, how Lumine felt unable to do much for the witch.

"Kody, I went on a mission with your dad today. It was a busy day but it just wasn't the same without you"

Lumine remained by his side, He kept a stack of books nearby to keep himself entertained while also being near Kody.

Being without the boy felt... draining. Kody made him feel better, his presence was his comfort.

So, he stayed there for most of the time.

Aiden grew concerned for Lumine, the boy barely came out of Kody's room and he seemed tired almost all the time.

"Had the illness passed onto Lumine?"

Sherry slapped a newspaper onto Silver's head, "Don't say that."

"Kody's condition isn't one that spreads, he got it from his mother. So no, Lumine didn't catch it.."

The other two silently nodded and ate breakfast along with Aiden and other members of the HQ.

Though, Aiden himself couldn't stay silent about it for to long. If he didn't get Lumine out for a bit the spirit may affect him.

The spirit has the ability to do harm.

"And then [Elijah] did that, can you believe that Kody?"

Silence, that's all. Though there were distant meows heard. He didn't dare to turn towards Kody's side.

He wished Kody could answer him just once, he'd be happy to hear his tired voice again

Though...

He knew, he knew that cat spirit was there.

That cat sent him into fight or flight whenever catching sight of it, if only Kody could snap him out of it.

He always conveniently was able to do so, when then questioned he'd get a confused look in return.

There goes that distant meow again..

"turn" Kody?

Although the voice was raspy and sounded like it wasn't used for awhile, it was definitely Kody's voice

"That's not Kody..." he whispered to himself. Kody wouldn't just wake up like that..?

"Turn around"

Lumine tried convincing himself that wasn't Kody, "Kody?"

A hand came onto his shoulder with the following sound of angered hissing.

"..."

I can't do this, Lumine turned around to see Kody himself, he held a concerned expression with his hand no longer on Lumine's shoulder

"Kody.."

Lumine teared up a bit and threw himself on the other

"Lumine, what's wro...ng"

Hssss Hssssss

Kody didn't say anything but only smiled at the spirit, and the cat seemed to go silent as it's hissing diminished(?).

"You're okay..."

"Yeah"