The Rise of a Hero

3 P.M.

We arrived at my apartment to find a gorme buffet awaiting, and Liman watching the T.V. extremely terrified.

New Anchor: "So Jill, tell us what exactly went on at Malevolent Crossway earlier today."

Reporter: "Well Rick, it appears as though a civilian got into a scuffle with a local gang. From the looks of things, the bridge was badly damaged and all subjects of the fight were taking to the hospital for examination."

News Anchor: "That's interesting Jill; so do we know who the civilian was, or are the police keeping that information under wraps?"

Reporter: "Yeah, well the police are keeping that under wraps as you suggested, we did get footage from the latter half of the fight. We have also, received footage from someone who witnessed the fight go down. So you should be able to show it to the viewers at home any second now."

News Anchor: "This just in, we have just received footage of the incident that took place on, Malevolent Crossway. Viewer discretion is advised, because there is blood and extreme violence in it that has occured. You have been warned. We are going to start with the eye witness report."

Eye Witness: "Holy crap guys, I just had a rocket fly past my car... wait a minute, is that guy climbing on top of his vehicle. Oh my God I think he is... Holy sh... he just caught a rocket. No wait he caught two of them... I need to slow down." Vehicles rush past at an alarming velocity.

"What the hell, like ten to fifteen vehicles just past me at crazy speeds and stopped right in front of me. I'm going to back up a bit to safety. There's so many people, surrounding this guy... Oh my God, they just pulled out a ton of fire power." A huge explosion goes off right in front of the guy.

Fucking shit man, I thought he got rid of those and now he's throwing 'em. I think I'm going to need to back up some... oh no the bridge is collapsing... this is crazy man, crazy. If I don't make it home tell my family I love them."

News Anchor: "Well I'm glad he's safe. That must have been one scary time for anyone there watching. But, we have one more clip from our news team."

News Reporter: "We've just arrived at Malevolent Crossway, where an explosion went off just now. There seems to be two individuals left on the bridge and they appear to be clashing their fists together in perfect unison... uh oh, one of them, no wait both of them have appeared to have fallen off of the bridge. We're about swing to the other side to see what has happened. Wait, it appears like one has climbed his way back up. Hold on the other seems to have made his way under the bridge and is making his way up." Clack, clack the sound of gunshots go off.

"Oh my, it appears that one of them shot the other and is walking towards him. Wait no he acting as though nothing happened to him; like he didn't even get shot. Oh my, he was shot for a second time now I have no clue what's going to happen... he just threw the other person into a railing, and collapsed. Medical staff are getting both of them now."

Liman sat there in distrout for a moment and then said, "That had to be Ryan, I hope survives through that."

I then said kiddingly, "And if I don't, what are you going to do about it?"

He looked up in shock, "Ryan! Your already out of the hospital, how?!?"

I looked at him intensely, saying, "Well, first off, I'm tougher than I look. Second, the second half of that publication I don't even remember. And lastly, this wouldn't have happened if you could just behave."

He looked down distraught. "But, better it was me than if it were you. I think I would've killed him if it had been any of you and not me," I then said looking at Lance and Sean.