Epilogue

I went to the morgue a few days afterward, the police had informed me liked I had asked them to. When I had arrived, the pathologist told me, "You might wanna sit down for this."

Not wanting to argue, I did as the man asked of me. But before he could say anything, I quickly asked, "What was wrong with him doc?"

He looked at me and answered me with his own question, "Did you see anything weird happening with Mr. Warman?"

"Well," I said just beating around the bush, "I mean he started having mood swings recently, and his personality would occasionally flip back and forth. It was like he wasn't the same person."

The pathologist then looked at me with saddened eyes, and gave me the hard facts, "Well, I'm sorry to inform you, but your friend had cancer. It was too far progressed for any form of treatment. In fact, if he had not died when he had, he probably would have died the next day."

I then questioned the doctor, "Is that so? Is that all, because I need to plan his funeral?"

He the replied, "Pretty much. But I do want to note, there was something peculiar about his cancer. The way it had spread, he gained access to the full capabilities of his muscles. Also the way it had progressed, his psyche was probably shot."

"Like I said," I replied back, trying to make sure he didn't go any further with his explanation, "He was acting weird, I just wanted to know why and you told me."

With that said, I went back to my villa. It was from that point onward, I had become more of a recluse. It got to the point that if any business matters needed to be handled, it was up to the CEO to inform me. This is why I had left a note on my door saying, "CEO, just come on in. I'm here no need to knock."

One day this turned into something I was not expecting. I was sulking in the garage, trying to figure out what I could of done to save Sean. Mainly I was looking at what I could have did to make the suit stronger.

This of course all went downhill, when I fell asleep in the garage. The next day, the CEO showed up. He read the note and walked in just as I told him to. But this of course became the problem. Soon enough when he could not find me, he came into the garage.

I immediately awoke from my slumber due to the disturbance. Still being a bit drowsy, I asked him, "Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my house?"

He looked at me in confusion and answered, "It's me boss, the CEO. You know, Chase."

This woke me fully, and I responded back with my eyes widened, "What are you doing here? It's like um."

He smirked and then said, "It's twelve noon, and I'm here to get you to read over the earnings for this year. The more important question is, what is all of this."

I looked down at the floor, still depressed from what happened three months earlier. Finally I answered him, "This... this is all from the one time I tried, and the one time I failed. This is from the time, I tried to hover."