Aftermath

The next day was practically insane, as I pulled up to the office. The first thing that happened was a swarm of journalist digging for information, "Mr. Delta, do you have any idea on who the mysterious person was at the docks? Ooh, Mr. Delta, were you involved in any way with the person fighting KDD and his lackeys The Enlightened?"

Visibly and clearly annoyed, I responded to all the reporters there with, "All your questions will be answered at the press conference. Any question regarding the legality of the situation will have to be directed towards the mayor. Luckily for the both of us, regarding this matter, he'll be here. So I simply ask all of you to be patient and wait for the meeting to start."

But them being the media, they still went on, "Mr. Delta does your company know anything about what happened last night? Mr. Delta, will you please answer at least one of our questions?"

After an hour long wait, the meeting commenced. The new CEO walked out and stated to the media, "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the owner and genius that is our president of Delta Industries, Ryan Delta."

I walked out from behind adjusting my suit, trying to at least seem professional in front of the media. As I got to the prodium, I started of the conference by saying, "Thank you all for coming today. Let me start off by saying, that we at Delta Industries strive to follow every law set forth before us. So we have invited the mayor to this press conference. If you have a question regarding the law in this matter, save your question for him, okay?"

The crowd of journalist all shook their heads in agreement, seeing this I then said, "Okay, if we're all in agreement; first question."

"Mr. Delta," the first journalist stood up and began, and I nodded recognizing him, "does your company know anything about the masked hero, some are dubbing HoverBlade?"

Holding back my disgust, I answered, "Let me first off say, that is a god awful name. That aside, you in the press can name him whatever you want. But regarding me and my company, we have nothing to do with him. Also, as I have stated we seek to follow the law and I'm pretty sure that 'Hero', HoverBlade, was breaking a lot of laws."

The second reporter then got up as I gave her the floor, and asked, "If that is the case, and you have nothing to do with HoverBlade... then how do you explain the fact that he had a hoverboard, that your company just debuted yesterday?"

"I'm glad you asked," I started off with a slight chuckle, because that was not the first question asked, "After reviewing our security footage, the person handling the hoverboard in question walked away for a split second. In this time, it was stolen by a masked individual. While we at our company cannot condone anyone modifying our products. All we can ask is that, that person who stole it be careful. Also, as I've said, 'the company can't condone his actions,' I can say on an individual level... keep up the good work and get that SOB."

The crowd filled with journalist erupted in cheering. This was right before the next journalist asked, "The KDD seemed to know this hero, HoverBlade, personally. Do you have any comment on that matter?"

Just before I was about to pass the torch to the mayor to answer questions, he had to ask this. Figuring he was apart of The Enlightened, I answered him carefully, "Whether or not the KDD knows HoverBlade, is not the point. What is the point, is that that hero stands against him. And if you are insinuating anything about me or my employees... then you can leave now. Because I have told you everything I know. Now, if that is all, please welcome the mayor of this great city, Mayor Tum."

One of the reporters then stood, asking their question before he had even reached the podium, "Mr. Tum, what do you have to say about the events that transpired last night?"