nineteen.

no killing

no killing

~~~~~

"So you seriously think that Sam, Bucky, and Elliot would've broken Zemo out of prison?" Lemar asked his best friend, incredulously.

John scoffed as he then redirected his attention to his friend. "That's exactly what I think they did." He sighed, realizing that the two super soldiers and the Avenger were beginning to become a larger issue than he thought they were going to be. "They were desperate for leads, just like us."

"They don't have to play by the rules, man, you know that."

"I do know that! And that's what makes them dangerous." John replied, becoming increasingly more annoyed.

"And maybe breaking Zemo out wasn't such a bad idea." Lemar shrugged. "If anyone were to know about super soldiers, then he would." An awkward pause ensued between the two soldiers, before Lemar spoke up yet again. "And what about Elliot?" He questioned. "She's a wild card."

John sighed heavily at the thought of the younger Barnes, who turned out to be worse than Bucky. "I know." He agreed. "I checked her records with the government. She has been cleared of every action against others during her time with Hydra. She has no prior record to when she had been The Executioner, like she had no history before that time, which isn't true. It's like all her records had been wiped. She also doesn't have court ordered therapy, which means she isn't being monitored for her actions...at all." He explained to his friend in frustration.

"So what are we going to do about her?"

"No piss her off." John responded, saying the first sensible thing all day, before shrugging. "She's even worse than the Winter Soldier...who knows what we are dealing with." He stated, before walking off.

Lemar jogged after him, catching up to his friend, grabbing onto his arm, spinning him around. "She's not the enemy. Karli is."

"And Elliot is just as bad." He then ripped his arm away from his friend and stormed off.

~~~~~

"Готовы соответствовать?" The man questioned her. [Ready to Comply?]

Elliot had a dazed and distant look in her eyes as she played along with the game she knew all too well. She slightly squinted her eyes in the dark, trying to see who was wanting her to become a killing machine, but couldn't.

Instead, she nodded in submission.

"Хороший." The voice mused as if pleased with the work they had done. [Good.]