piano keys

The Man And The Woman.

There was this man who tossed and turned in his sheets unable to sleep one night, there was no particular reason as to why, it was just this man has a horrific sleep schedule and this fact was a huge inconvenience considering he has to wake up early since he is meeting up with a very good friend of his in the morning.

The usual sound of piano playing from his neighbor were nonexistent for once which was very peculiar because theres usually the sound of their playing every single night yet during this night the only sounds around him were sounds of wind blowing trees causing the branches to hit his window repeatedly, pitter-patter of rain hitting the windowsill, and the rustling of the fallen autumn leaves.

He quickly grew irritated at the fact he was unable fall asleep so he got up from his mattress to his closet putting on his coat. A walk to clear his head sounded great, especially since its raining. Rain has always been something the man adored.

He puts on his shoes and covers his hair with his hood, he makes his way to the lift. His hair is definitely not going to like the fact he's going out in the rain, and quite possibly neither are his neighbors. Its currently 1 am and he's going for a walk, how lovely.

It has been raining for about hours now, maybe that's why the man can't fall asleep, he's probably too focused on hearing each tune the downpour brings to him  and not focusing on drifting to his well-needed sleep.

When he opens the front entryway he's hit with horribly chilly breeze and beads of rain hitting his face. He just sighs and walks outside to the heavy storm. The consistent patter of water hitting his jacket fills his ears, he starts his thoughtless walk, he has no destination he plans on going to, only simply the places his feet decides to take him.

The thick fleece of his hoodie is nearly doused through, he didn't know if it would ever be dry again. He tramps his way along the muddy walkway in silence. It should be a full moon this evening, it's not like you could tell though; the dark clouds above stopped any kind of light from leaking through.

The man breathes in and breathes out the sweet aroma of the rain alongside with all of the earthy fragrances around him too. He listens closely to the showers around him, the downpour at last setting his irritated temper to rest.

As he walked, a sudden gust of wind shook the trees above his head, showering him in a fresh deluge. He wiped the water from eyes with his wet sleeve and tucked a lock of his curly brown hair back under the protection of his hood. You do realize an umbrella would have been smart, idiot?

The rain caused his hoodie to stick to him like glue, he felt both restricted and gross. He immediately turned around to go back to his flat.

He honestly liked the feeling of the fresh rain pouring over him, but the disgusting, muddy rain-water is something he did not enjoy being all over him.

When he returned to the building, the warmth when he entered made shivers go down his spine, he quickly walks in and brushes his muddy shoes against the floor-mat. He then strolls to the lift and reaches over to the gold button when... another did also... his hand brushes against theirs accidentally, it was exclusively brief but as he felt their hand he couldn't help but realize they were just as cold and trembling as his own.

The man looks over and makes eye-contact with a brunette woman, she was holding her hand against her chest, it seems she had felt how cold his hands were too.