8;

"Tommy, I am fine," Elaine rolls her eyes on Facetime with Tommy. She's getting ready to finally talk to Wilbur and Tommy was right here to support her.

"Okay well you don't look fine," he furrowed his brows.

"Then look away," she says looking at him as if he is stupid, "I assure you, I am fine."

"If you were fine then you would have gone and talked to him already," Tommy rolls his eyes, "He is literally like 2 seconds away from you, just go fucking talk to him pussy,"

Elaine was silent, Tommy was only met with her harsh gaze.

"What?? Why're you glaring at me?"

"I'm hoping you'll spontaneously combust." She muttered.

"You motherfucker-" Tommy says and pushes his face close to the camera "I hate you so much, did you know that?"

"Why? I'm lovely!"

"You're annoying! And you're getting off track here, you're supposed to be talking to Wilbur."

"You know, I could just...aggressively ignore this part of my life until it goes away?"

"GO TALK TO HIM!" Tommy yells, clearly he is getting frustrated with her.

With that Elaine hangs up the call with him, "Motherfucker wants me to leave so bad, fine then." She mutters to herself.

And now that means there was no more putting it off, it is time to fucking talk to Wilbur.

Elaine picks herself up off her bed and dusts off her clothes, "Fucking hell," she mumbles.

She makes her way to her front door, she paces back and forth contemplating on rather or not she should actually do this.

After a few more minutes of contemplating she gets hit with one of those "Fuck-it" moments.

"It's okay, worst case scenario he tells me to get lost and absolutely hate my guts!" Elaine whispers to herself.

She finally walks out and over to Wilbur's.

She knocks on his door to hear him yell back, "Who is it?"

"Uh, hi!" She yells back.

"Elaine??" Wilbur says back, shocked to hear from her after not talking for days.

"...No it's the Grinch who stole Christmas?? Who do you think detective dumbass." 

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

You're trying to fix things, stop being an asshole!

Elaine fully expected Wilbur to not even open the door but to her surprise she hears a sigh and a soft chuckle and is greeted to Wilbur himself.

"Woah, Mr. Grinch? I'm a huge fan!" Wilbur goes on with her joke, smiling softly and leaning against the door frame.

He looked tired. He looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep and that whatever was picking at his brain was still picking. There was dark bags under his eyes and his hair was messier than usual. Elaine hated how good looking he was, even when he looked terrible, he still managed to make her stupid heart flutter by just looking at her.