18;

"I meant what I said yesterday, I really want you guys to meet my Lovejoy mates," Wilbur repeats with a plate of breakfast under him.

"I'd love to," Elaine sitting next to him replies with a shrug.

Wilbur hasn't been able to get her words out of his head, and quite frankly it's driving him nuts.

Wilbur smiles and wraps his arm around her waist.

"Yeah I'm down," Elliot speaks from the couch.

"Sure," Ezmae calls from the kitchen.

"When?" Elaine questions.

"I could literally text them and see if they're okay with it right now, you guys down to take a field trip to the recording place?" Wilbur asks, "Honestly it's more of a place where we just hang out but also record every blue moon,"

"I'd be happy to go, you talk about them a lot and they're clearly great friends, i'd be glad to meet these people you hold so dear," Elaine gives him a soft smile.

Wilbur's heart just shattered to a million pieces.

"Stop being sappy, I thought it was Wilbur who was the clingy bitch," Ezmae chimed in.

"Ew gross, am I being sappy? Wilbur I hate you, you're gross and your forehead looks like it's colonizing  your scalp," Elaine lightly pushes him away from her with a disgusted face.

The twins attempt to hold back their laugh at poor Wilbur but is Elaine really wrong there? I mean Wilbur's forehead is fuckin massive.

Wilbur lets out a humorless laugh with no emotion on his face whatsoever.

"You think you're so funny don't you?" Wilbur deadpans.

"I am hilarious thank you," Elaine asserted

"Sureee," Wilbur rolls his eyes.

"Wilbur my dear I do not appreciate being lied to." Elaine crosses her arms.

"I don't appreciate being absolutely slandered all the time but what do I receive from you?"

"Touche," Elaine side-eyes him.

"I do nothing but adore you Elaine why do you do this to me," Wilbur fake cries.

Elaine ignores him and looks the other way.

Wilbur follows her eyes so she'll look at him but she just closes her eyes in return.

Wilbur fake sobs even more and lays his head on her lap.

"Elaine stop ignoring the poor boy he's going to have a break down," Elliot says, watching from the couch in pure amusement.

"I'm going to start singing Crywank, Elaine."

"Who are you again, buddy?" Elaine questions.

"Buddy? Do not call me buddy, I am the love of your life and should be addressed as such," Wilbur gets up and looks at her directly in her eyes.

"What's your name again?" 

"How does Wilbur Flores sound?"

"Atrocious."

"What about Elaine Gold? Soot? You have options if you take my name,"

"Don't get so ahead of yourself there, I barely know you, dude."

"DUDE?" Wilbur exclaims, "Elaine I am going to start sobbing!"

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" Elaine cackles.

"You owe me financial compensation for emotional damage, Flores." Wilbur scoots away from her like an angry toddler,  "How dare you,"

"I'm sorry!" Elaine chuckles and tries to hug him but the embrace was not returned.

"Hug me back, whore,"

Wilbur's "angry face" was replaced by smile as he gave in and  wraps his arm around her  hugging her back just like he's hugging her for the first time all over again.

"Are you gonna text Lovejoy or what?" Ezmae interrupts.

An over dramatic groan is released from Wilbur and he picks up his phone with one hand, the other still wrapped around Elaine.

LVJY

ayup

you guys know Elaine right?

JOE

obviously, it's almost like you talk about her 24/7

MARK

^^

ASH

^^

okay shut the fuck up

her , her two older siblings, and i agreed to make a song, right?

ASH
without us? oh how could you! my heart

MARK
be ashamed, he just died of heartbreak and betrayal

JOE
how could you do that to us! you bad bad man

let me finish?
i want to introduce them to you

ASH
I have resurrected from the dead
absolutely
i need to see this lady friend of yours

if you plan on interrogating her her siblings
already did that to me and will absolutely choke you
if youre even the slightest bit of mean to her lmaoo

which is pretty weird since theyre all always at each-others throats

MARK
damnit

JOE
wait you two just collectively agreed on interrogating  her?
no wonder you're single

ANYWAYS
would you guys be okay with that?
we can meet up at the recording place

MARK
sure

ASH
yeah okay

JOE
kk, when?

when is best for you guys?

ASH
im literally free whenever

JOE
same lmao

MARK
same here ig, so hows in like an hour?

that works

so it's settled, see you guys soon

ASH

can't wait to meet your girl (no space) friend