23;

👺

The whole issue with Tommy accidentally releasing Lovejoy's, Elaine's, and her siblings song might have happened but that would not have been a major thing until he also revealed where and when the gig was going to be happening during an enthusiastic ramble of his.

Weeks later now as everyone looked around from behind the door and they saw plenty of people as the place was packed, every single one of their hearts dropped.

There was even a stage of some sort located in the back of the cafe on the opposite side of the piano for gigs like this. There was even a small room for those people to get ready, though, it was kind of dirty and looked pretty old. It seems like there hasn't been an event here in a while. The room was in a terrible state - the ceiling was cracked, the mirrors were dusty, and the carpets were atrocious. But they made what they had work and were appreciative of this opportunity.

"This started off as a dare, I can't believe we are actually performing this shit," Ezmae said in her hands, "And I can't believe that the place is packed with little dream stans too!"

"Just let people enjoy what they want to, Ezmae." Wilbur deeply sighs looking at himself in this mirror and Elaine sitting in the seat next to him. He seemed exhausted.

"No don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit but why do.."

It is not that he is ignoring what she's saying, but that his thought is elsewhere. He hears background noise of Ezmae's voice, however no real words can be made out. He stares intently at himself in the mirror, pointing out all of his flaws. He feels like theres a pit in his stomach, this is all so sudden.

All he can hear are his thoughts. Those stupid little voices in his head telling him to go back, run away. They're small, nearly silent voices however they surpass each and every other sound, they only get louder until his focal point is solely on them.

His thoughts are telling him masses of different things but theres one notion that maintains recurring, "What if I fuck up?". A common thought among us all. He can sense his palms trembling and his breath quicken, he isn't hyperventilating however it feels like it. It feels like he's choking, he feels like scratching his throat until he can breath normally again.

He clears his throat, once, twice. He fidgets with his fingers and exhales deeply, once, twice. His thoughts emerge louder and it sounds pathetic however tears start to prick his eyes till some fall out, once, twice.

"I need to get some air." He says, he puts on his hood to hide his face and walks to the exit. This area was also a way to get outside, maybe that's why everything is so gross, probably from workers taking this as a quicker route to go dump the trash.

"Did my opinion on dream stans piss him off that bad?" Ezmae says and starts to chuckle.

"No, Ezmae." Elaine sighs, "I don't think everything is okay..."

"Right." Joe says worriedly, "He usually wouldn't hesitate to have a debate with you. "

Ezmae quickly stops laughing, "Oh... shit. Do you think we should check on him?"

"How much time do we have left?" Elaine asks anyone who will answer.

"30 minutes," Ash responds.