Close Call

Nessa's POV:

I was very uncomfortable after what had happened with Frodo and Boromir. Legolas had asked me what was wrong but I had ignored him. I felt bad because I didn't want to shut him out, but I had. We were nearing the top of the mountain Caradhras and there was a snow storm. Legolas and I were still leading and the Hobbits were hanging onto Aragorn and Boromir. We were all freezing to death but Gandalf insisted that we took this route. Legolas and I approached the edge of the mountain and looked around. I heard something in the air. It sounded like a man.

"There is a fell voice in the air!" I yelled at Gandalf. 

"It's Saruman!" He shouted. "He's trying to bring down the mountain!" 

I took a step back from the edge. Some snow fell from the top of the mountain. Gandalf started to chant but Saruman too powerful. Rocks and snow fell from the top of the mountain. I ran to Legolas and pulled him from the edge and I fell over the edge.

Aragorn's POV:

As the snow and rocks came down on top of us, I pushed myself against the mountain face with Frodo and Sam on my back. The snow was all around me and I pushed the Hobbits on the surface. I then came up and gulped in huge amounts of air. Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Gimli and Legolas were up, but Nessa wasn't. I looked around frantically for her but couldn't see her anywhere.

"NESSA!" I yelled.

Legolas dived back into the snow and came up a few seconds later. 

"She's not here!" Legolas yelled to me. 

He looked really worried. Everyone was digging in the snow for her. Nobody found her. No, no, no! I thought, panicking. Legolas then collapsed into the snow. Gandalf looked at him and shouted.

"What is it Legolas?" 

Legolas just shook his head. 

"She pulled me back from the edge when the rocks fell down." He said sadly.

I looked up to the sky to stop the tears coming out of my eyes. Legolas suddenly picked his head up and looked around. It looked like he was listening for something.

"What do you hear, Legolas?" Boromir asked.

Legolas then looked over the edge and pulled something up. Nessa!

Legolas' POV:

I was about to cry when I heard a faint voice. I was straining my ears to hear it properly. I looked around trying to determine the source. Then I heard it again, but fainter. I looked over the edge and saw Nessa hanging onto some rocks that clung the mountain. I got onto my knees and grabbed under her arms and lifted her up. She looked like she was in lot of pain and she was exhausted. She collapsed in my arms as I set her down. Aragorn looked overjoyed at the sight of seeing her. I felt her hand which was absolutely freezing. Her chest was slightly rising and falling and her head was bleeding.

"We must get off the mountain!" I yelled to Gandalf.

Boromir and Gimli started to argue about which way we should go while Gandalf was staring at Frodo. 

"Let the Ring-bearer decide." Gandalf said only just loud enough for all of us to hear him.

Frodo thought for a moment and then made his decision.

"We will go through the mines."

Gandalf's face was grim. I wasn't too happy about it either.  I hated going underground, all Elves did. Gandalf nodded, still looking grim and said

"So be it."