Balin

As we walked through the archway, we entered a large space that was only occupied by crumbling columns. The Hobbits were amazed by it all and Gimli, though still mourning over the fallen Dwarves, he seemed proud of what the Dwarves had accomplished. We continued walking until Gimli rushed into a chamber that was ahead of them. Gandalf had tried to stop him but Gimli kept running. I ran after him into the chamber. There was a window up high and light filtered onto a crypt where Gimli was kneeling. As the others reached us, I had a hand on Gimli's shoulder. 

"Here lies Balin, son of Fundin, Lord of Moria." I read out loud to the others. 

Gandalf shook his head sadly. 

"He is dead then. It is just as I feared."Gandalf said.

He handed his staff and hat to Pippin who was standing next to a well while he retrieved a tattered book from a dead Dwarf. He read it out loud to us.

"They have taken the bridge...and the second hall. We have barred the gates...but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes. Drums...drums...in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out...they are coming!" As Gandalf said the last word, Pippin had slightly turned an arrow sticking out of the dead Dwarf and caused it to fall down the well.

A chain and a bucket fell down as well, one by one. The sounds echoed loudly and everyone turned to face Pippin. Gandalf slammed the book shut and went over to Pippin. He snatched his belongings out of Pippin's hands and harshly said

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" 

I was shocked at what Gandalf had said to Pippin. I walked over to Pippin and put a hand on his shoulder. 

Then the sound of drums was heard as it came closer to us. 

"Frodo!" Sam yelled. 

Frodo pulled his sword out and it glowed blue. Great, Orcs! I thought. Aragorn yelled to the Hobbits 

"Stay near Gandalf!" 

I walked to the door and looked out to see how many there were. Legolas pulled me back just before an arrow could pierce my head. 

"They have a cave troll." I warned everyone. 

Legolas and I began barring the door with axes. Gimli jumped onto Balin's crypt and shouted

"Argh! Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!"