Lady of the Light

Haldir led us to a tall tree with a winding staircase twisting around it. The whole place seemed to be glowing blue light. There were Elves walking around everywhere. Haldir then stopped once we had reached the top of the tree where there was a palace. Two people walked out of the palace. One was Lord Celeborn and the other was the Lady of the Light. Lord Celeborn was the first to speak. 

"The Enemy knows you have entered here. Whatever hope you had in secrecy, is now gone. Nine there are yet ten there were, set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf?, for I much desire to speak with him, and I can no longer see him from afar."

We were quiet, not answering his question until Lady Galadriel looked at all of us.

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass into these lands. He has fallen into Shadow." She answered to us.

Aragorn nodded in confirmation of this statement. Legolas then spoke up.

"He was taken by both Shadow and Flame. A Balrog of Morgoth. We went needlessly into the net of Moria." 

"Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his full purpose. Do not let the emptiness fill your heart Gimli, son of Glóin." Gimli looked up as she continued

"For the world has grown full of peril and in all lands, love has been mingled with grief." 

Then she turned her gaze to Boromir and he looked away from her. Celeborn looked very serious and his voice was very serious when he spoke

"What now becomes of this Fellowship? All hope is lost without Gandalf." Celeborn said, looking at us all. Once again, Galadriel spoke for us.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is true." 

She looked at Sam and smiled kindly.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest, for you are weary of sorrow and much toil. Tonight, you will sleep in peace." She smiled at us kindly.

An escort took us all down to some mattresses that had pillows and blankets. There was a mattress for each of us. I chose one the furthest away from everyone else. I curled up with my back to everyone. I willed for sleep to come, but it wouldn't. It was very quiet and the Elves were singing a lament for Gandalf. I tunred back around and sat up. Merry and Pippin were sitting together, Frodo and Sam, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli were sitting together and Boromir was just staring down at his hands. I walked over to Merry and Pippin and sat down with them. I started to sing a song that Arwen had sometimes sang to me when I couldn't go to sleep when I first went to Rivendell. I twas my favourite song. I never sang happy songs, not even lullabies.

(Play vid if you want)

When I had finished the song, all the Hobbits were asleep, except Pippin. Merry's head was on my alp and Pippin was in my arms. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"Go to sleep, you're exhausted." I advised.

He nodded and was asleep within seconds. I looked up at Aragorn. 

"Aragorn!" I whispered. 

He looked at me and I gestured to the Hobbits that were using me as a pillow. He nodded and picked up Merry and placed him on a mattress while I carried Pippin over to the one next to his. I walked over to Gimli and Legolas as Aragorn followed me.

"You have a wonderful voice Nessa." Legolas complimented. 

I smiled, hoping that the blood wouldn't rush to my cheeks. I looked down at my hands. Then I realized how tired I really was. My yawn was massive. The men looked at me with an amused look on their faces. 

"What?" I asked them, even Boromir was staring at me. 

"Well, it's just that I've never heard a lass yawn so loudly before." Gimli admitted. 

I giggled at his statement. My eyes slowly shut and I fell asleep in someone's arms.